Shreveport, LA
Students enrolled: 1,775

Posted April 18, 2014
Walnut Hill Is an awesome school!! The teachers there really care about the students. My grandson loves this school!!

Posted October 21, 2013
I have gone to Walnut Hill since Kindergarten, the teachers are great, and they challenge you every single day of the year. I love all of the teachers and staff, I have had problems with bullying but it was handled immediantly and effectivly, they do not play at Walnut Hill and they do not accept kids who want to joke about their education. I have been invited to take my SATS in the SEVENTH grade because my grades are high, and I have an above level reading skill. I learned to read in Kindergarten and have always read above level. I was reading the Twilight series in the third grade,and reading Harry Potter in the fifth. I am now reading at a twelfth grade level in the seventh grade. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone, who wants to learn that is. The teachers are strict but fun, they teach in a way that makes you WANT to learn every second of the day. I love my school, and never want to leave (To bad I have to I wish they had a highschool part of the school) ~Charlotte Mcmellon student

Posted October 11, 2013
Walnut HIll is a great school! I have a son in kindergarten that has an amazing teacher. The first 9 weeks aren't even over and he is already reading! I have a nephew in 2nd grade and a niece in 5th grade who are also learning a lot. I went to Walnut Hill from 2nd to 8th grade. Mr. Hardison is a great leader and role model for these kids. I love how keeps God in the school and everything is lead by prayer. These kids rank the highest in public schools in Shreveport

Posted September 26, 2013
WALNUT HILL SCHOOL IS K-8 Shreveport,LA. . THEY ARE ALL ABOUT OUR CHILDRENS SAFETY AND EDUCATION. MY HAT IS OFF TO MR. HARDISON. OUTSTANDING PRINCIPAL. MR. WILLIS IS IN CHARGE OF GETTING OUR KIDS ON AND OFF SCHOOL BUSES IN TIMELY AND SAFE MANOR. MY GRANDCHILDREN GO TO THIS SCHOOL AND THEIR MOTHER WENT SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I HAVE SEEN 2 YRS. KIDS HAVE GONE, GREAT IMPROVEMENT IN GRADES, SOCIAL ABILITIES, & ATTITUDE CHANGE. WITH NO DOUBT IN MY MIND AND HEART WALNUT HILL DESERVE AS WELL AS OTHER SCHOOLS TO WIN THIS $5000. I KNOW A FACT IT WILL BE USED TO HELP ALL OUR CHILDREN IN THIS COMMUNITY TO THRIVE FOR A BETTER EDUCATION. THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

Posted November 16, 2012
I go to Walnut Hill and I love it there! I have been there since Pre-K and I am currently in the seventh grade. All of my best friends and teachers are awesome and they couldn't be better! I also don't remember a time i got lower than a mastery on my iLeap and Leap tests. Anyway I love Walnut Hill and it is the best school ever!!

Posted August 26, 2010
I love this school! Mr. Hardison is an amazing leader. My children went to another school in the area where there was nothing but trrouble. I am so glad we were able to move into the walnut hill district and my kids can get the kind of education they deserve from people who genuinely care about the students

Posted March 27, 2010
I love walnut hill you learn things about life like its not what you look like its who you are i have gone to walnut hill all my life and i love the teachers i could not have better teachers thanks you mr harddison i just love walnut hill

Posted March 03, 2010

Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted February 05, 2010
I really like the school. My two children are being challenged and learning a lot of new things. I wish they had better school pick up and drop off...it takes so long with such limited space. The kids run to the buses and rough house in the grass...makes me a little nervous someone will get hurt. The middle school kids are rude and loud...they shut doors on kids and parents and they run and scream in halls. If they could fix the way the middle schoolers behave it would be a great school that set a great example for the younger kids. My little ones are scared to use the bathroom and walk in the halls because the staff tolerates and approves of how the middle schoolers act. The security guard who helps with car drop off/pick up is AWESOME. He is really an asset to the school.

Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted December 19, 2009
Both my children attended Walnut Hill and I just want to say it is a Wonderful School and Principle Hardison is the best!!! I'm so proud to see it continues to be an outstanding school! Way to go Mr. Hardison!!!

Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School
9360 Woolworth Road, Shreveport, LA  71129
Last modified Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Hill Elementary/Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top