Shreveport, LA
Students enrolled: 1,143

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
this is not a good school and i went here it a bad transition from elementary to middle i will let my child got to Donnie Bickham Middle School.

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 4

Posted June 11, 2012
In 5th grade, my daughter had her heart set on going to CMM. When she learned she was not accepted, I was afraid she would not like YDMS. I did no know much about Youree Drive and had always heard that CMM was THE middle school to attend. Much to my surprise, my daughter has done fantastic at YDMS both socially and academically. The school had and AP Magnet program in Math and Science that is fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. I wish there was a little more communication with parents, but maybe I'm just used to the elementary school environment.

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 3

Posted July 23, 2011
All in all it is a good school. But I found that my son, for some reason or another just got left behind by the teachers. I think they made the class room environment a little unsettling for valid questions for answers, he was too afraid to ask, for the responses that he would get. Time was an issue for one class, before he could write the question she was erasing it. And with his grades they never raised concern. This past year, I was very disappointed with the teachers. I know they are preping they for High School, but they are still in Middle School. I think teachers loose sight of their students, by default.

Posted April 28, 2010
Very happy after 2 yrs and expecting more of the same during the last yr in 2010-2011 school year.

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
This is my son's first year at Youree Drive Middle and he says he really likes it and so do I. The teacher have been helpful with the transition from elementary to middle.

Posted September 15, 2009
i love youree drive.it's awesome..we have so much fun and some of the teachers are nice and mean.

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted July 01, 2009
When I first came to this school, I was very upset. But after only a few months this school became a part of me, and a place I liked to be. A place where I could learn and have fun at the same time. The teachers are great. And the students are even better! When I first transferd in during the middle of the first nine weeks as a 6th grader, I took one look around at the place and was ready to run home back to M.A. with all I had with me. I'd never worn a uniform before, and I wasn't about to now. But being in this school has changed me. Leavng that school only two years later was somthing I never thought I could go through. But now, in a diffrent middle school, I wonder why I ever hated that school. GO SPARTANS!! For ever and always!!!

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 1

Posted June 09, 2009

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School 2

Posted June 03, 2009

Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School
6008 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA  71105
Last modified Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top