Bad
Good

The faculty & staff communicate with the kids greatly. All the sports teams are amazing. I wouldn't rather spend my middle years at any other school. (:

My son scored all A's and B's on report card at Donnie Bickham. In High school now and it ends up he is not ready and has to take math lab, english lab, and needs help in reading. How can a student leave that school with great grades and turns out not ready for High School curriculum. Looks like the school it self wanted better grades. I call bull on Donnie Bickham.

The teachers are very helpful. They send e-mails letting parents know what the assignments are in advance.

The school listens to parents concerns and are very helpful in explaining what is going on with you child. They don't mind hold conferences with you at the drop of a hat. This is my child's first year and I think we have gotten off to a wonderful start.

I love the school -- building, technology, faculty and students! Great vision for the future also.

I have taught at Donnie Bickham for many years, and I have always believed in the teachers, administration, support personnel, and our students. Our school has been overlooked for many years, but finally we are getting the positive recognition that we deserve. I believe that we have the best middle school in Caddo Parish. My child attended Donnie Bickham, and she received an excellent education. We have the latest technology that the students use daily. Our students have so many opportunities at our school. If you are looking for an excellent middle school, I highly recommend Donnie Bickham!

Being a teacher at Donnie Bickham Middle, and having taught for many years, I truly believe Donnie Bickham is the best middle school in Caddo Parish. It has the strongest leadership in Shannon Wall that a staff, students and parents could possible ask for in a middle school. The teachers truly care about the students and every teacher teaches all day long. I couldn't ask for anything more, and I'm proud to be a teacher at DBMS, and i love every single student I teach, with a passion. Simply put: We have the #1 Smart School in Caddo Parish, the best administrator, the best students, and the best teachers a school could ask for, and it just doesn't get any better than this. If any parent is looking for a great middle school and sister high school to send their child or children, look no further. We've got it all, hands down. I'm proud to ba a teacher and a DB Patriot.

I recently took a tour of DBMS on a regular school day, and I was SHOCKED at what I saw. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the environment was extremely safe, organized, and conducive to learning. I saw more quality technology in a 45 minute tour than I've seen in all the other schools I've toured combined. Both the enriched and gateway classes were as impressive as any magnet school classroom anywhere. My mind has been made. Why would I send my kid 20 miles away from home to a magnet school when I've got an AWESOME school less than 5 miles from home? DId I mention that the principal stopped what he was doing to give me an impromptu tour? He even invited me to attend the next Patriot Booster Club meeting. Wow!

I recently ran into a former student. He said, "You all taught us at Donnie Bickham. I learned more there than in high school. Middle school was the best time of my life." My favorite part of the conversation was that this young man enjoyed middle school. The teachers at DBMS are very diligent about student achievement in academics and athletics. The coaches instill good sportsmanship first, fundamentals second. I am a proud teacher and a proud Patriot.

My son qualified for, and was invited to attend, 3 local magnet middle schools. Being a former magnet student myself, I had always assumed we would send our children to those schools, as well. A few friends shocked me last year by telling me they were sending their children to our neighborhood school because of the fine things happening there. The principal walked me through the building to witness something I have NEVER seen, not even at the magnet schools I attended. Long story short, my son has been at DBMS for over a year now and comes home daily TELLING US what incredible things he did in class and learned that day. High standards for the students (AND even for their parents) are established on a regular basis. I've never witnessed communication between teachers, administrators, parents, and students being so well established. For example, I get a weekly email from every one of my son's teachers that outlines what will be taught when, and when the next test will be, etc. This school must be seriously attempting to be a model for how this nation can fix the education system. Proud to be Patriots!!!

Last modified Donnie Bickham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.