Donnie Bickham Middle School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
I posted this review before, but it was removed. Enjoy Donnie Bickham was the worst three years of my life. From day one- literally, my first day of sixth grade I was circled by a group of kids and beaten into the ground. Often in the presence of teachers and staff who would only intervene if I defended myself. I was the quiet kid who never spoke to anyone, shied away from most people and ignored most taunts. This was a direct result of my treatment after moving to the area. The only repercussions for anyone were often if one or two of the boys attacking me wound up injured. Then I alone would find myself suspended. Once, during "Life Sports" class I was punched repeatedly in the head before being thrown over the tennis net and my shorts were ripped off. I was left in the field half naked while the teacher made a half hearted attempt to bring the other boys back. My shorts were thrown in a tree and the teacher told me to just cover myself with my shirt. No one was punished. Anything I ever reported to the administration earned me detention or ISS. Any time I defended myself I was punished. I don't think the culture has changed.

Posted September 24, 2013
The teachers are very helpful. They send e-mails letting parents know what the assignments are in advance.

Donnie Bickham Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
The school listens to parents concerns and are very helpful in explaining what is going on with you child. They don't mind hold conferences with you at the drop of a hat. This is my child's first year and I think we have gotten off to a wonderful start.

Posted August 05, 2013
I love the school -- building, technology, faculty and students! Great vision for the future also.

Posted November 26, 2012
I have taught at Donnie Bickham for many years, and I have always believed in the teachers, administration, support personnel, and our students. Our school has been overlooked for many years, but finally we are getting the positive recognition that we deserve. I believe that we have the best middle school in Caddo Parish. My child attended Donnie Bickham, and she received an excellent education. We have the latest technology that the students use daily. Our students have so many opportunities at our school. If you are looking for an excellent middle school, I highly recommend Donnie Bickham!

Posted November 23, 2012
Being a teacher at Donnie Bickham Middle, and having taught for many years, I truly believe Donnie Bickham is the best middle school in Caddo Parish. It has the strongest leadership in Shannon Wall that a staff, students and parents could possible ask for in a middle school. The teachers truly care about the students and every teacher teaches all day long. I couldn't ask for anything more, and I'm proud to be a teacher at DBMS, and i love every single student I teach, with a passion. Simply put: We have the #1 Smart School in Caddo Parish, the best administrator, the best students, and the best teachers a school could ask for, and it just doesn't get any better than this. If any parent is looking for a great middle school and sister high school to send their child or children, look no further. We've got it all, hands down. I'm proud to ba a teacher and a DB Patriot.

Posted November 17, 2012
I recently took a tour of DBMS on a regular school day, and I was SHOCKED at what I saw. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the environment was extremely safe, organized, and conducive to learning. I saw more quality technology in a 45 minute tour than I've seen in all the other schools I've toured combined. Both the enriched and gateway classes were as impressive as any magnet school classroom anywhere. My mind has been made. Why would I send my kid 20 miles away from home to a magnet school when I've got an AWESOME school less than 5 miles from home? DId I mention that the principal stopped what he was doing to give me an impromptu tour? He even invited me to attend the next Patriot Booster Club meeting. Wow!

Posted November 17, 2012
I recently ran into a former student. He said, "You all taught us at Donnie Bickham. I learned more there than in high school. Middle school was the best time of my life." My favorite part of the conversation was that this young man enjoyed middle school. The teachers at DBMS are very diligent about student achievement in academics and athletics. The coaches instill good sportsmanship first, fundamentals second. I am a proud teacher and a proud Patriot.

Posted August 22, 2012
(2012-2013) MY SON IS AT NORTHWOOD THIS YEAR AND MY DAUGHTER IS AN 8TH GRADER AT DONNIE BICKHAM. BOTH OF MY CHILDREN LOVED THE SCHOOL AND THEIR STAFF. THEY BOTH NEED SPECIAL HELP IN READING/ENGLISH AND THEY HAVE RECEIVED IT AND THE STAFF AS KEPT IN TOUCH WITH ME ABOUT THEIR PROGRESS AND WHERE THEY MAY NEED EXTRA HELP. NO SCHOOL CAN DO THE JOB MY THEY SELVES THE NEED PARENTS INVOLVEMENT. THERE IS SMART BOARDS IN EVERY CLASS ROOM. AND THEY ARE ON TOP OF THE LASTEST IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY. THE STAFF HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND POLITE. THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE FOR MY CHILDREN.

Posted October 27, 2011
I'm certainly glad DON posted his cooment (oldest one) a LONG time ago. DON, you don't understand how special ed works at all. Parents begin the process of identifying a child for special ed. There is only so much the school or school system can do. My second child is attending DBMS this year, and I must say that BOTH Mr. Windham AND Mr. Wall have been huge part or my child's success, as well as the teachers that were there then AND now. We love DBMS and we LOVE Blanchard and Blanchard Elementary School! VERY BEST schools anywhere!!!

Donnie Bickham Middle School
7240 Old Mooringsport Road, Shreveport, LA  71107
Last modified Donnie Bickham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Donnie Bickham Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top