Slidell, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 04, 2014
My son used to go to this school, but there are major reasons why we have left this school. Some teachers are great, but others are rude and sarcastic. Also things that my son could not do anything about or help were blamed on him and his grades suffered when the office could have helped but did nothing to help the situation. I also don't think they have a sufficient amount of clubs or sports as an option. You pay a tuition yearly to have nothing to offer you except an education. But most time you fall behind because the teachers do not interact a lot with the students and help with what they are struggling with. The rules there are just getting worse for the students making it a great struggle to do good in academics. I would advise future students to look at their other options before they go to this school. My son complained to me about the school so many times I wanted him to be happy at their school so I decided pulled him out.

First Baptist Christian School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
I challenge all parents to take charge of their child's/chlidren's education at this institution. Take just a few minutes and sit down with him and/or her and ask them if they feel they are getting a good quality education at FBCS. I have talked to many parents no longer affliated and still affilitated with this school and alot of the information given to me is very scary. I am not here to put this school down, as you need to make decisions for you children as you see fit. But, for the tuition cost and what you get out of it does not equal out in my opinion. A challenge: If you have a child in grades 8-12, print out a generalized worksheet online for any of the main subjects, i.e English, Science, Math, etc, but print out one that is two grades below what they are in. If they fail it, and they are making good grades (A, B, or C) in the class they are in now, then something is wrong. Why is it that a lot of these kids who leave FBCS with a diploma in hand have to take remidial courses in college (without credit mind you) before they can start taking the college level courses? Keep your kid here if you like it, but do your child a favor and talk to them. See what they say.

Posted August 21, 2013
This administration truly has a heart for God and students. They will go the extra mile to do what is pleasing to the Lord. When individual attention is needed, they are there. Pray for them! The devil would love to disrupt what they are teaching these students. Compliment them when it's warranted. Pray for them! Remember, a teacher or administrator can only do so much. Parents have to do their part.

Posted April 26, 2013
My son is a sophomore at FBCS and is doing excellent. The teachers do a wonderful job of teaching the "whole" child and promoting excellence in each child. My son spent part of this school year at a different school so that he could play football, but we are back at FBCS, where we belonged all along. He is so excited to be back at a school where the students actually look out for each other and enjoy each other. He looks forward to school every morning. This school has blessed our family!!!

Posted August 05, 2012
Great school, great administration, great teachers, great environment! Couldn't be happier with my decision to send my child here!

Posted August 02, 2012
As someone having had affiliations as a parent of a student with the FBCS, I can appreciate a good christian education. That is what your child will receive at this institution. However, having seen first hand the students that go to other schools from FBCS with A's and B's in core subjects i.e Math, English, etc and struggle to make it in the public school setting because they do not have the basic fundamentals of these subjects to pass, I do not see how anyone say that things of this nature are just "hiccups". How can we as parents/educators/mentors accept this? Do we not have a responsibility to our children to give them the best education possible wheter it be in public school, private school or home schooling. I am not one to lay blame on any one person and really do not like pointing fingers at anyone as there will always be 3 pointing back at me. If you as a parent feel satisfied with your childs education at FBCS, then thats fine. But as I said in the beginning, having been affiliated with FBCS, what has been going on with this current administration in the past few years is far from Christian. That's not malicious, that's the truth. Parents/students beware.

Posted July 31, 2012
First Baptist Christian School is a great environment and school! There isn't a school/organization in the world that doesn't have an occassional "hiccup" throughout its existence, however the desire of the school is to raise up Godly young people and prepare them for life. I cannot speak of any of the accusations being mentioned, but it saddens my heart that people are so trying to damage the reputation of the school for malicious reasons. You would be hard pressed to find a better atmosphere for your student, regardless of a few people who may have some issues of discontent. A true Christian spirit does not try to tear down, but rather build up and provide grace when needed, just like Christ provided grace for all of us on the cross. I am a proud of my involvement with this school! God Bless.

Posted July 30, 2012
I graduated from FBCS 2 yrs ago and I can say that I know the 2 students that had their grades changed so they could graduate. EVERYONE in my graduating class knows who they are because they were bragging about it during lunch. Three weeks before senior exams they were telling all of us how Miss Nelson promised their parents that even if they didnt pass the class they would get their dipolmas and graduate cause grades can be changed. These two girls laughed about how they got the teacher in trouble even though they werent studying and doing the work. I also know that if you are "considered a good christian student" they let alot slide. I was never one that things were let slide. So for the teacher and parent to say these things never occured they are wrong I was there so were all the kids in the gym during lunch we know we heard and at graduation we saw.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2012
First Baptist Christian School is a great school with a warm and caring faculty and staff. Students are taught in a Godly environment and encouraged in all that they do. The expectations for the students are high, but fair and help the students to become the best they possibily can.

Posted July 12, 2012
I have worked at FBCS for seven years now and I have to say that I think that our administration is top notch. Ms. Nelson has always had the best interest of the students and school in mind when making decisions. She is an awesome woman of God who lifts situations that occur up in prayer. In the seven years I have been on staff I have never witnessed a situation in which favoritism was shown nor an instance in which a questionable decesion has been made. I love this school and CHOOSE to teach there because of the loving and fair environment.

First Baptist Christian School
4141 Pontchartrain Drive, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified First Baptist Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
First Baptist Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top