Slidell, LA
After care: No

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is the greatest school. Go Jags! Finally, congrats to Nick Tymkiw for being he first National Merit Semifinalist in a while!

Posted August 30, 2012
As a recent graduate of PJP I could not be more thankful for the education I have received there. Yes the work is challenging, but should it be anything less? Yes rules are strictly enforced, but again should they not? I'm an alumni, class of 2011, one sister is there now, and another is anxiously waiting to enter those JP doors. I will forever sing the praises of this school from the mountain tops! Upon entering my first year of college I would understand the information before the professor would even explain it. And what do I have to thank for that? The GREAT education I received at PJP. Students are constantly being challenged by faculty who only want to see improvement and confidence building among their students. More importantly, PJP offers THE best faith-based development in the area, and the Christ-centered atmosphere makes you PROUD to be a man or woman of God! PJP also offers activities for EVERYONE to participate in and make their school and community great. My parents made many sacrifices to send me here, and I will never be able to thank them enough for choosing to give me the excellent faith-based education that PJP offers. Thank God Almighty, I'm a JAGUAR!

Posted August 23, 2012
I am a faculty member but also the parent of a PJP graduate. Pope did a great job preparing her for college.

Posted August 23, 2012
Pope John Paul is a great family oriented school. Good college prep with lots of sports and extracurricular activities. They definitely prepared me for the world.

Posted August 20, 2012
PJP is the finest school on the Northshore. My wife and I both graduated from there. They provided a Catholic foundation for us that has sustained us through many trials. They provide so much more than just superior academics. They gave me skills to deal with true life issues. I love the new principal Martha Mundine. She has shown a commitment to Catholic values and this is truly what sets the school apart from surrounding high schools. They have daily adoration, monthly mass, and a campus ministry program that ranks among the strongest in the region. Their athletics is also impressive with football winning district last year and powerlifting with another state championship.

Posted August 19, 2012
PJP is on the move.....with a new principal (Martha Mundine), updated campus, a competitive athletic program, advanced technology, a zero tolerance drug policy, and lots of new, dynamic faculty on board (along with highly qualified veteran teachers). Well worth the sacrifice necessary to send my kids there. For that matter, the school will work with you on tuition if you are struggling and want still desire the quality education they provide. They have shown genuine concern for a child that needs accommodating in the classroom, too. I am highly impressed. Opportunites are endless to get involved (plenty extra-curricular organizations & sports teams) and become a leader.

Posted August 19, 2012
Excellence all around at PJP. I am completely satisfied with the education, faith development and morals this outstanding & close-knit Catholic school has offered my children. They develop strong, productive leaders who excel into the collegiate level and beyond. Don't be fooled by the stats, either - comparing "apples to oranges". Area public schools DO NOT administer the ACT test to all of their students. PJP encourages every student to take the ACT and their average score (which remains consistently above local, state & national averages) reflects such academic excellence. 99% of their graduates go on to higher learning and succeed. Wow! Their new prinicipal, Martha Mundine, is an excellent, refreshing & dynamic new leader! The Parents are actively involved and the faculty and staff are dedicated and receptive!!

Posted August 19, 2012
I is an honor and pleasure to be a part of the staff, but I would send my kids here regardless of working at PJP. They are all caring and honest people. We are a family at PJP. Personally, I have received support in many ways whenever I've needed it. They have prayed with me and for me & my family and helped us through a very difficult time. I am also a parent of an alum, who is far exceeding any expectations we had for him in college!! My children who currently attend are very happy in this safe and Christian environment. It is challenging curriculum, but one that prepares you for college & life !!! Thank God Almighty, we are Jaguars!!!

Posted August 19, 2012
My first child graduated from PJP and my "baby" just began as a freshman. We live in what is considered the better public school district and have the financial means to choose any school in the New Orleans area for our children. We chose PJP for varying reasons. Our children have opportunities to participate in many activities, many sports, many leadership roles, etc. to develop their talents, strengths, self-esteem and Chrisitan character. There is prayer before football games as well as in school. The ACT/SAT scores are the highest in this area with graduates on full scholarships to universities such as Harvard, Duke, Yale, Vanderbilt, the Air Force & Naval Academies in addition to our own loved LSU & other SEC universities. Parents are encouraged to be involved in many aspects of their children's academic lives, as are siblings & grandparents. The children are respectful and the parents know where their kids are on the weekends & the families of their child's classmates. Student leaders of the school focus on organizing alcohol free parties for their classmates and team mates. PJP was the best imaginable HS experience for our son. So far, our "freshie" rates it a 10 out of 10!

Posted August 19, 2012
Pope John Paul represents traditional Christian family values with a superior academic performance rating. When our children enter the doors of PJP, they enter into the presence of a Christ-centered academic environment. That is priceless! The instructors know the names, goals, dreams, and talents of each individual student. The leadership invites parents to share their talents, ideas, and concerns with a genuine, kind, and welcoming spirit. Teaching utilizes innovative technology & fresh methods pertinent to the learning styles of today's student. There is a perfect balance of structure and creativity in the school's curriculum and discipline to create responsible, talented, and academically outstanding graduates year after year. The new principle brings proven experience, enthusiasm, & excellence to the school. When interviewing & searching both the North Shore & South Shore for the perfect school, we were looking for a blend of Christian values, Christ's Spirit in both the faculty & students, and proven ACT/SAT scores in the 30's for many graduates year after year. PJP offered just what we were seeking. Our children LOVE this school. We would not consider any other school.

Pope John Paul II Catholic High School
1901 Jaguar Dr, Slidell, LA  70461
Last modified Pope John Paul II Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Pope John Paul II Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top