Slidell, LA
After care: No

Posted May 16, 2015
I have had two children graduate from Pope John Paul II Catholic High School. Most recent graduate was 2014 and I will have my third child attend PJP for 8th grade this coming fall. My husband and I chose to send our children to PJP because of the loving, caring, family atmosphere we witnessed and we wanted them to have a faith based education. PJP has an excellent administration, staff, and faculty and they are committed to each and every student in helping them to learn and grow into future success stories. My children were involved in a variety of sports and club activities which makes PJP such a well rounded school. They also experienced continued growth in their Catholic faith which I believe is the reason they are still able to be strong in the faith throughout their college years. The administration has an open door policy and will address any issue once it is brought to their attention. I would highly recommend PJP to anyone.

Posted May 15, 2015
PJP is committed to giving my kids a quality education. They exude academic excellence, and leadership. To the comment about PJP being racist I challenge you to find another school with such diversity in its faculty alone. I am saddened to hear of your situationn. Have you sought the administration who offers an open door policy? Unless they are made aware, how else can any action be taken? The faculty members are very accessible, in and out of class and there are reliable, mentoring upperclassmen who are available when my kids needed a "friend". My own child was harassed about a separate incident in his freshman year but as soon as it was reported, the coaches and administration stepped right in and rectified the matter. Rather than take your frustrations out online, please go straight to someone in authority at PJP and address your concerns. PJP is our second family. They listen. They care. They will be sure your concerns are addressed.

Posted May 15, 2015
I attended Pope John Paul II Hogh School and chose to send my so there last year. I have seen him mature into a man as a freshman. The administration and facalty are amazing. The values taught daily help to develop the students spiritually as well as academically. I couldn't be more happy with my decision to send my children to PJP!

Posted May 15, 2015
PJP is an excellent school where the teachers get to know each student and truly care about them. Their diverse faculty did an excellent job of preparing my son for college. He made friends of all races there. We enjoyed all of the sports activities. But most importantly, his faith was encouraged to thrive. This led to his decision to major in theology. I believe my son is a better person for having attended Pope John Paul II High.

Pope John Paul II Catholic High School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
This is a highly racist school. My daughter came home crying saying that she doesn't want to go to school anymore due to the fact that the students at this school kept harassing her. The school has let this go on long enough. When I send my child to a catholic school, I expect them to learn more about their faith, not how to defend themselves from bullies. It is not a safe environment for children.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is the greatest school. Go Jags! Finally, congrats to Nick Tymkiw for being he first National Merit Semifinalist in a while!

Posted August 30, 2012
As a recent graduate of PJP I could not be more thankful for the education I have received there. Yes the work is challenging, but should it be anything less? Yes rules are strictly enforced, but again should they not? I'm an alumni, class of 2011, one sister is there now, and another is anxiously waiting to enter those JP doors. I will forever sing the praises of this school from the mountain tops! Upon entering my first year of college I would understand the information before the professor would even explain it. And what do I have to thank for that? The GREAT education I received at PJP. Students are constantly being challenged by faculty who only want to see improvement and confidence building among their students. More importantly, PJP offers THE best faith-based development in the area, and the Christ-centered atmosphere makes you PROUD to be a man or woman of God! PJP also offers activities for EVERYONE to participate in and make their school and community great. My parents made many sacrifices to send me here, and I will never be able to thank them enough for choosing to give me the excellent faith-based education that PJP offers. Thank God Almighty, I'm a JAGUAR!

Posted August 23, 2012
I am a faculty member but also the parent of a PJP graduate. Pope did a great job preparing her for college.

Posted August 23, 2012
Pope John Paul is a great family oriented school. Good college prep with lots of sports and extracurricular activities. They definitely prepared me for the world.

Posted August 20, 2012
PJP is the finest school on the Northshore. My wife and I both graduated from there. They provided a Catholic foundation for us that has sustained us through many trials. They provide so much more than just superior academics. They gave me skills to deal with true life issues. I love the new principal Martha Mundine. She has shown a commitment to Catholic values and this is truly what sets the school apart from surrounding high schools. They have daily adoration, monthly mass, and a campus ministry program that ranks among the strongest in the region. Their athletics is also impressive with football winning district last year and powerlifting with another state championship.

Pope John Paul II Catholic High School
1901 Jaguar Dr, Slidell, LA  70461
Last modified Pope John Paul II Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Pope John Paul II Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top