Slidell, LA

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is very-very good one. We moved to Slidell from another country. Both of my kids didn't know English at all. I am very grateful to this school, especially to the staff, including teachers and administrative staff, for the way they treated and supported my kids and walk them through the adaptation process. The ESL program they have is AWESOME. After 6 months being here they spoke English fluently. The teachers do everything to accommodate the needs and schedules of the kids so they won't miss any part of school program, and in the same time encouraging them to be involved in extracurricular activities.

Posted November 06, 2012
I love this school!! We are new in Slidell and so excited to have my child attend this school. Love all the staff and can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring!!

Bonne Ecole Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2012
My children went here until we had to relocate to Florida. While the school itself is very old and in sad need of visual/structural updating, the staff and teachers are true gems. There was ever only one teacher over the past three years that gave us a headache, and that was more of a personality difference. Mrs Hebbler, Mrs Hoppe, Mrs McAllister, are teachers I remember off the bat. They really care about their students! Friendliest front desk staff I've ever worked with...these ladies knew every child's name and were always smiling and helpful. The vice principal really gets involved...I would say that 98% of the times I went to the school, I would see her doing different things, from manning the car riders line to walking a kindergartener to their class. Wonderful school, wonderful, caring educators!!!

Bonne Ecole Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2012
I have heard from many parents in the Slidell area that Bonne Ecole is a great school. I have found this to be mostly true. Everyone at the school is very friendly. The one complaint I have is that the school relies heavily on computers and paramethium boards as a way of instruction. I have heard other parents complain about this same topic. My daughter is in the second grade and she spends a lot of time on the computer for math, reading, and spelling. At her age I think she needs more manual instruction with the teacher commanding the childrens attention at the front of the class as in the more traditional setting. I agree children need to learn these valuable tasks but for majority of their school and homework to be on the computer is both challening for parents and the child as well as time consuming since they need a lot of monitoring to complete work on the internet!

Posted June 25, 2011
Bonne Cole Elementary is a school second to none! The principal is young, energetic and very hands-on with the students and the teachers and volunteer parents are absolutely incredible. When ever there is a school activity, everyone is involved and there are always opportunities to get the children excited about learning. For example, book, math, and science fairs, marked event competitions, and gifted classes. There is an atmosphere of s u c c e s s in the air everyday......

Posted March 23, 2010
Excellent teachers and great opportunities for parental involvement. I love that this school goes from K-6. There are several opportunities for extra curricular activities such as choir, robotics, garden club, jump rope team, dance team, etc.

Posted March 22, 2010
This is the best school in the Slidell area. I am lucky to be able to send my children to this school. My kids are using computers everyday, iPods, making videos, enjoying everything they have to offer! The teachers are very up to date on the latest technology and encourage the students to learn through the use of that technology. The administration here is especially concerned with making sure each child is getting the best learning experience possible through the afterschool programs and parental involvement opportunities. I would not ever want to move my child away from such an exciting educational experience.

Posted September 29, 2009
Best teachers in St. Tammany Parish! I have a niece going to this school & she just loves everything about it.

Posted July 27, 2009
Love the school! Administration and faculty are excellent. We have only been there one year and all 3 of my boys love it and feel comfortable with everyone. It's within walking distance to our house which is great too!

Posted July 19, 2009
My son is going into the 6th grade - he has gone to Bonne Ecole since the 1st grade - I can't say enough about the Teachers & Staff - they are wonderful. Your child is an individual - not just a student- and their learning experience is second to none! I wish my son could go through the 12th grade at Bonne Ecole.

Bonne Ecole Elementary School
900 Rue Verand, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified Bonne Ecole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonne Ecole Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top