Slidell, LA

Posted April 17, 2014
Boyet Junior High gets 5 stars from me. I am so impressed with the faculty and how much they care about the students and their education.They prepare them for the I leap well in advance so that they are covering all the proper materials for the test. Best Junior High School Slidell

Posted December 10, 2012
I'm an 8th grader at Boyet this year, and I'm pleased to say that it's so much better than the school I transferred from in my second semester of 7th grade. I'm speaking in terms of curriculum,disciplinary actions and even extracurricular programs. I noticed a diversity in teaching methods between 7th and 8th grade, and it was somewhat difficult to adjust to at first, but it's all in great preparation for high school. Different teachers have different ways of challenging and engaging the students, and I feel as though just as much effort is put into getting students to retain the information they're being taught as there is actually teaching it. The campus is larger that what I was used to, as students travel outside (under a roof) to get to classes like gym or their electives. It all gets easier in time. I really have nothing bad to say about the school other than the fact that there's the same crowd of kids who pick on others and the same crowd that has disciplinary issues, but you find that at any school. I also enjoy the fact that Boyet Junior High allows incentives, such as dances, treats, movie days, etc. and offers fantastic sports and clubs for everyone. Awesome school!

Posted June 13, 2012
I just finished my seventh grade year. This school is spectacular. The teachers know what they're doing and they really care. I would like to point out one class in particular, Mrs. Fairchild's Adv. English class. She is the most hardworking teacher ever and this class proves to be very CHALLENGING, but it shows to have more than just the necessary skills. By far the best class I've ever been in. And as for the principles, they're amazing. Dr. Stubbs (who's earned his Doctrines Degree this year) Is very student friendly and committed. Mrs. Brookes, the vice principle, is a caring woman, who rules with an iron fist. She will tend to any student's needs, but if she has to discipline you, she'll make sure you won't act up again. Overall, this is a fabulous school with great courses, faculty and staff, and atmosphere. You'll be doing your child a favor by sending him/her to this school.

Boyet Junior High School 2

Posted March 26, 2012
I am in 7th Grade and I was a 4.0 all my life and ever since I went here, I am now a 2.0. My grades have drop dramaticly and it has cause me to be antisocial, because all I do now is study and homework, but yet my grades don't increase.

Posted April 26, 2010
I personally went to Boyet Jr. High and consider it to be a wonderful school. A huge part of who I am is because of it. I developed my deep love for English more strongly than I had anywhere else, and also cultivated an appreciation for the arts.

Posted January 07, 2010
I am in the eigth grade and am in honors Algebra and love this school it has lots of activitys to do and great teachers

Posted November 12, 2009
Yes boyet is an older school but it doesn't matter if it's old or new. The teachers are spectacular, they care about the kids education. I am very happy with boyet!!

Boyet Junior High School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
My daughter started this school this year. We are a military family who move contantly. I absolutley love Boyet. As a parent, I notice the teachers care so much for the students learning. Also my daughter adjusted well and the children are also very nice. I love it. I give it all 5 stars.. ! happy mom.

Boyet Junior High School 0

Posted January 11, 2008
Boyet is a school where the students are important, along with the dress code and discipline. Even if our school is a bit older, it's still a great school, and I would definately reccomend anyone to come visit our school! Go rebels!

Posted September 18, 2007
This is the school that the most successful kids come from.

Boyet Junior High School
59295 Rebel Drive, Slidell, LA  70461
Last modified Boyet Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boyet Junior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top