Bad
Good

I had three children at this school and all three were bullied. When my son was bullied on the bus they wanted to remove my child from the bus instead of dealing with the bully. My 5 th grader was being forced to carry other children's books and even though the teacher knew she did nothing. The principle is a joke as well.

This school is a joke! My son is in the 4th grade here and his teacher is bullying him, not the kids THE TEACHER!! He comes home every day so sad and says he wants to go to a different school, the teachers are mean to him and he has to sit in the back of the class when the other students are in group!! WHAT!?! Are you kidding me. Not only are the teachers awful the front office staff is so rude! They don't care and they are very unorganized. I will go to the school board and figure out what I can do. This is the worst school in Slidell.

I went to school there growing up and my son goes there and we love the school .you have the few bad seeds ,but love the schools.there are no schools that can say they are perfect

Horrible school to say the least. The kids are way out of control. The teachers are worn out. The office staff are so rude they seem as if they don't want to be there. They are rude to the parents & rude to the kids. The office staff is very unprofessional & unorganized. Its a mess. The office staff are what make it worst. Rude, mean it's unbelievable!!!! They should not work there if they are that unhappy! Thank God I pulled my sons out of there.

My son went here for first grade and it was awful. He was bullied the entire year. 3 kids beat him up on the playground and he came home crying with a black eye and cuts on his face. I never received a phone call. I took pictures of his face and went to the school and they said, " well unfortunately we did not see this happen so there is nothing we can do." Are you kidding me???? Why wasn't my child being supervised all day? I pulled him out soon after I realized they really didn't care about the safety of my 6 year old. What a joke Florida avenue!!!!!

my daughter has been attenting flordia avenue sincde she was in pre-k now she is in 3rd and i love the school. the teachers are friendly and they work well with the students and does not hestaite to help others i strongly love this school.

When we first moved here for the 2007-2008 school year, Florida Avenue Elementary School administrative staff, the teachers, and the custodial staff went out of their way to make my grandson feel welcome. He was in first grade and all the new friends he had made in Kindergarten he had to leave behind when we moved from California to Louisiana. He had no friends and was in a new school far from where he had grown up. It was a very different culture for him. He had to wear school uniforms, he had to learn the cultural dialect, and he had to learn to say Mrs., Mr., and/or Miss before a teacher's or staff's name. But they were very kind with him and let him adjust at his own pace. This area had just been two years out of the devastation left behind from Hurricane Katrina, yet everyone came forward to help the new students who had relocated to this area feel welcomed, and they opened their arms as a family for all the lost families. It was no wonder that all of us wanted to help out on Spring Cleaning Day to paint the walls, weed the gardens, and put in new flowers and bushes. We wanted to make our children's home away from home as pretty as possible for our children and for the adults who make it the best nurturing school environment ever for the children. We love our school!

My daughter has been in attendance at F.A.E. since pre-kindergarten. I have always been pleased with the teachers. I have no problems with the discipline guidelines. All teachers that I have come in contact with, have been curtious to me, and seem to be enthusiastic about teaching. I know we have no such thing as a 'perfect school' but F.A.E. ranks very high in my opinion. Let's also remember that teachers and administrator's can not perform miracles. Parents need to take action and become more involved with the education of their children. After all, they are our children and ultimately, our responsibility!! Take your child's education seriously, and they WILL follow your lead. Thanks!

I love this school. They have the best teachers and staff. Everyone seems happy to be there and my children love to go to school! You could not ask for a better school for your child then Florida Ave.

I tranfered my children to this school and it has been wonderful for my children and for me as a parent! The staff is very kind and loving to my children and it has a small older type school house feeling about it! They meet the kids each morning with hugs from the car line and my son hated school before! but now loves school since going to Florida Ave! They were quick to work with me and my son on his speech problem and would meet with me gladly for questions! I love this school and drive my kids out of my way so they can go there!

Last modified Florida Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.