Slidell, LA
Students enrolled: 1,678

Posted May 05, 2013
Best in Slidell...I graduated from here in 1983. Mr. Percy, the principal has won numerous awards and has a lengthy career as a teacher and principal. He is excellent and very approachable. There is a nice mix of students so it's not hard to fit in at all. The teachers are caring and willing to go out of their way to help your child suceed!

Posted May 05, 2013
We just received my son's ACT scores...29 composite. He is just finishing 10th grade. He has been a struggling student through the years with some reading/learning/attention issues. With the help of his teachers, he is overcoming his problems.

Posted April 13, 2012
it is a great school that works with me iam a student and proud to be one

Slidell High School 1

Posted September 17, 2011
My child has been attending Slidell High School for 2 months and I am beginning to develop serious concerns about this school. I truly believe that they are more concerned about how they rate and look to others than what is truly going on at the school. I have witnessed extreme inequality in how the students are treated. I have seen students rewarded for mediocre behavior and those who excelled were ignored -- which indicates to me that the atmosphere is political. Maybe I am missing the point and that is how all high schools are run. I have seen egregious judgment calls by their educators in the name of education. I am going to monitor this place very closely and will home school my child before I subject him/her to unfair decisions. I am not impressed.

Posted January 26, 2011
i love how greatschools.org does their reviews solely based on test scores. That makes no sense to me. For one thing the tests that the students take is one week out of a 36 week school year. At schools with high test scores most teachers are like drones just teaching out of their special GEE and LEAP testing books. A great teacher has to have a teaching style and a mind of their own, and this is why loved Slidell High School. My teachers didn't care about their test scores because they knew what they were teaching would positively affect their students in the college environment. Go on, I dare you to go and ask Mrs. Joy Bazin about her students test scores. You should get quite an ear full. The teachers at this school have a soul. They teach things that you don't learn at a normal school. Life lessons that will help you in your future. I graduated in 2009 the 100th graduating class of this wonderful school and I wouldn't have had it any other way. sincerely-Chad Livingston

Posted July 25, 2010
I have been teaching at Slidell High for nearly ten years now. I have been extremely impressed with the teachers at this school. It is not unusual to walk into school an hour before classes begin and see teachers working with students, and after school is the same. My colleagues take teaching seriously. I feel as if the students feel safe to talk with their teachers too. Slidell High is a school steeped in tradition and I am very proud to be a part of this educational family.

Posted September 19, 2009
I am the parent of a tenth grade student of Slidell HS. So far, the experience for her and my wife and me has been very good. She is involved in some of the many extracurricular activities that the school has to offer. Most of her teachers seem to be caring and dedicated to their duties and responsibilities. Mr. Percy, Dr. Burgoyne and others have done a nice job managing their staff and student body of over 1700 kids. The Freshman Academy program, which focuses on the development and success of ninth grade students, has achieved positive results. Parental involvement is also very obvious as well. Overall, we are very pleased with Slidell HS and plan to send my eighth grade son there next school year.

Slidell High School 1

Posted March 18, 2009
Worst experience ever!My son was home schooled-returned to public school during jr. high.They took an all-honors kid and made him hate waking up every a.m. to go to school.(Not all)some of the worst teachers ever!.My son has NEVER had any problems at school(behavior or other) till his 2 yrs. there.I went to speak with staff about how I could improve his experience- it was suggested(by 3 diff. people!)'just drop him out'!From then on whenever I'd go to the office I was asked eagerly(often befor even stating why I'd come or what was needed), 'Are you here to drop Bobby out? Are you sighning papers today?'. Each time I said no, they would(very rudely) tell me someone would be with me shortly(apx. 15-25 mins. later on avg.).After the 3rd time I did drop him(from there!)and he is doing GREAT at his new school and they are great!

Posted September 27, 2008

Posted August 14, 2008

Slidell High School
1 Tiger Drive, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified Slidell High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Slidell High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top