Slidell, LA

Clearwood Junior High School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
I was there today. The front office staff was clueless. It is very clear that the staff here are not involved with the students. They do not care at all.

Clearwood Junior High School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
The asst. principal here is lacking any and all social skills.... This woman is disliked by not only her students, but also by her students' parents, co-workers and peers alike. It's a shame because the principal seems to be intimidated by her as well and he really is a nice man, however, the atmosphere generated by this overwhelmingly strong, uncaring personality of the asst principal dominates and has a very negative affect on this facility. Could this be "the rude person" that was supposedly moved from the front office according to another posting? If so, she is unfortunately still there... However, it does seem like retirement is long over due for her.

Clearwood Junior High School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
I agree with the previous parent about the math teacher, although she will be moved down a grade she still will be attempting to teach our children. She does not grade fairly if she grades your child's paper at all, she is so unorganized that she loses the work fairly regularly then gives you a zero for it. The list can go on and on... Bottom line is this teacher needs to go back to school herself. As far as the administration they need to retire and let someone who is fresh and ready to handle the faculty and students fairly.

Posted May 05, 2013
Much improvement over the years. The rude person in the office was moved to a new location in the school. Teachers are excellent and very approachable. Sorry to see my last child leave this year. His test scores have improved remarkable with each year. One of the best PTA programs ever!

Posted May 05, 2013
I have been a parent off and on for the past 15 years and have seen the school go through many changes. I think the parent/teacher communication has greatly improved. As for the comments regarding the appearance..it is an old school. I believe several awards have been won for cleanest school. We have had some wonderful and supportive teachers through the years

Clearwood Junior High School 3

Posted February 26, 2013
I have one child that has been attending here for 3 yrs now and another that will be going there next yr. My child has to walk to and from school on a daily basis bc there is no bus route for her bc we live so close to school, but is still a good distance for a walker. She and many others have to walk through the school yard to get to school which most of the time is overgrown with high grass or too wet like a pond on rainy days. I have asked and spoke with the principal on many occasions about getting these kids that walk a sidewalk put through the school yard so they can get to and from school without getting muddy and wet or having to walk through tall grass, but nothing seems to help on getting a sidewalk yet! PLEASE HELP!!!!! concerned parents in northwood

Clearwood Junior High School 4

Posted August 27, 2007
As a parent of a 4th grader I was very nervous about my child attending school with 8th graders, but they are in a completely different hall. They do switch classes several times a day but the classes are directly across the hall from each other, there are only about four 4th grade classrooms. The teachers and staff care about the kids, they just have a lot more students to handle than in their elementary school. Overall my child likes the school and so I.

Clearwood Junior High School 1

Posted August 24, 2007
As the parent of a newly enrolled 4th grader, I am sadly disappointed by this school & the faculty. There has been zero communication with the parents from the teacher. We were told we would get newsletters & teacher web sites. These seem to be nonexistent or poorly maintained. 4th graders here are expected to change classes 3 to 5 times a day with little to no help or understanding from MOST of the staff. When expressing concerns to the faculty and administration, I was repeatedly 'brushed off'. These kids are 9 years old and are expected to behave and be treated like middle schoolers. We are looking at private schools for our child & hope the school board takes a long look at how they treat elementary age children while throwing them into a jr. high setting.

Posted July 30, 2007
My child loves this school. He wouldn't even consider going to another junior high. The only complaint that he had was that the locker he was assigned was too far from some of his classes (on a totally different hall) and he had to carry a large amount of books, etc. in his book bag because he wasn't allotted very much time in between classes. He loves the extracurricular activities. I have never had the front office staff be rude with me or my husband.

Posted May 09, 2007
I have never seen a school where the kids love to be there and participate in activities like this. It is wonderful to have a principal who still prayers before functions and is so involved with the children. When you go into the school you can sense leadership and quality from Mr. Bennet. He is always right there in the middle of everything and acknowledges everyone. He does not put up with misbehavior and has the respect of the children. Every school should have a principal like him. His dedication shows when you walk through the front doors of the school and you will never stand at the front desk without Mr. Bennet saying a kind word to you or asking if you have been helped.

Clearwood Junior High School
130 Clearwood Drive, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified Clearwood Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clearwood Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top