Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers my kids have had have been supportive, responsive to emails, very willing to work with parents and kids to be the best they can be.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I saw another person commented there is a lot of homework. I feel the opposite and LOVE that it seems they get more done at school instead of having to come home after being st school all day and do 2 hours of homework.

I have had a wonderful experience with Little Oak. My older son is in his second year and my younger in his first year there. As others have mentioned there are a lot of kids at this school yet I definitely don't feel they get lost in the crowd. I've been for lunch with my kids and they are very organized and it flows smoothly from lunch to recess. I cannot say the same for another school my kids went to in Slidell. It was like night and day when I switched my kids to the zone with Little Oak. Thank you to the administration, teachers and PTA that make this school great!

Little Oak is surprisingly a very large school. I've heard their enrollment is always over 1000, yet I do not feel like my 2 students are lost in a mass. For a middle school, the teacher-parent communication is awesome. I can check my daughters' grades online at any time and we get a weekly communicator from their teachers. I can also access the teachers' web site and download homework if they forget to bring it home. Their band program is huge and unbelievable for a middle school. The secretary, Miss Linda, is so sweet and patient. "The assistant principal loves the students" according to my daughters. They say she is so sweet to them and treats they with respect, but if anyone acts up, "she can be mean." My family has the upmost respect for her, too. The principal is always visible and runs a tight ship. I am so glad my girls are there.

I was always a strong supporter of little oak considering I went there as a child but its not the same school it was 20 years ago. Still a great school but children are so snobby and i notice bullying going on and no interference from teachers etc. Besides that acedemically its a wonderful school, with teachers who really care. But my son started here midway through forth grade after being at Bonnye Ecole from T-1 through the first half of forth. The transition was very hard for him and the homework load is so much more than hes accustomed to. Great school though. Mrs Morris is still the best teacher even since I was in school there. Unfortunately my son didnt get her.

I attended this school some years ago and loved every minute of it. My teachers were always caring and helpful. I know the principal now and she is amazing. Great school!

Great school. We should know, as a military family, we have been to a number of schools in a few states with great schools and this school is good for pushing the kids the rigtht way, with a great deal of homework and expecting a lot from them. That's just how I want it...Life is just the same, work hard and do good work. I appreciate that this school is treating them as bigger kids, is not making excuses for them and is making them work hard for their grades. The teachers and principal will listen to you and will work with you. Parent of a 5th grader.

I am a parent of a fifth grader at Little Oak Middle. This is his second year at this school and I can't say enough about what this school has done and is continuing to do for my child. Before entering Little Oak, he was very quiet and reserved. He is a child that needs to be challenged CONSTANTLY. Although his previous schools were "O.K.", I never expected to see such dedicated teachers and administrators when I walked into Little Oak for the first time! I decided to try and volunteer to stay connected to his educational experiences and give back to the school. The teachers work so hard for the students. They keep them challenged and motivated by letting them work in groups and by doing research on computers. They actually teach each child to his or her own ability...these teachers are very talented! My child actually loves to go to school and he has grown so much socially. You will never see a teacher or one of the administrators sitting behind a desk! When I am volunteering, I notice that the principal always sticks her head in the door to say hello and check on everyone. Although I know she is probably very busy, she always puts her students first! AWESOME school!

My daughter just completed her 1st nine weeks at Little Oak, and I am very impressed with the education she is receiving. I knew it would be a big adjustment from Honey Island, but she is really blossoming as a student and young girl. Her organizational skills have greatly improved, and she is more responsible regarding homework. I feel she is maturing academically and developing positive character traits because more is expected of her as a 4th grade student and citizen. Her teachers have been incredibly supportive and helpful, and the weekly memos are informative, keeping me apprised of the tasks for the week. I really love the student planner! I have volunteered in the classroom, and I find her teachers have a geniune compassion and desire to educate each child so they can be successful learners. The front office staff is truly wonderful at Little Oak. The ladies are so courteous and helpful whatever questions or concerns I have. I know the adminstrators are busy, but when I've passed them in the hall or seen them at the office, they've always taken time to stop and ask how we are doing and to let me know they're their to help. I am so happy that my child is there.

I love this school. My teachers are very helpful and nice. I like it that I have 2 teachers this year. I have more homework to do, but my teachers go over it in class and that really helps.

Last modified Little Oak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.