Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The effectivenessof the teacher is dependent on the teacher and the application of their own resources, some communicate interest in the individual student and some do not.

Although there are many well-meaning professionals, the school is over crowded and they do not have the resources they need to support the students adequately. Our experience at Northshore was a reflection of the small community, lack of monetary resources, and tired and overworked employees.

I absolutely hate NHS! I you are not in the "clique" then you are immediately excluded and picked on! NHS is very preppy. That is strictly an opinion though. There is also a lot more drugs then parents are aware of. Their academic status is great but if you are not around positive people then it makes it hard to concentrate! The principles are great also!

I am a incoming sophmore at NorthShore and i absolutly love it. All of my aunts and uncles graduated from there and im excited to follow in there footsteps with my other 7 cousins there at the school where education is fun and learning gets done (: we all love it. The teachers are great, after school acctivites that are offered give all of us a safe fun place where basically everyone gets along. I can honesly say that the entire Freashman year i never saw personally someone getting bullied. If you are looking for a safe place to inroll your child do it here and i promise you wont regret it!

I went to school and I thoroughly enjoyed my four years here. The teachers were awesome, I was involved in a variety of clubs and sports and learned so much. When I went into college two years ago, I was actually prepared and felt comfortable. It was the quality of a private school without the cost of one! There are so many different courses and extracurricular that no one has an excuse to fall in th shadows. If I end up staying in the area by the time I'm married and with Children, I will gladly send them to Northshore.

Why pay for private schools when academically Northshore is way better?! Save your money bc Northshore high is the best high school in Saint Tammany parish. I have 2 daughters there & they absolutely love it there. The teachers are awesome & so is the principal! :)

Tis is by far the best high school in st. Tammany parish. Gifted and AP classes are offered. In addition the School offers so many extracurricular and athletic opportunities such as track tennis swim football baseball basketball art and you name it.

I am SO disappointed in the quality of education this supposedly "superior" school provides. I have reviewed papers from a sophomore that received an A-100% and have found grammatical and spelling errors galore-not to mention the handwriting was illegible and sloppy. I also found that the sentence structure/language was that of a 6-7 year old. I could not believe it. It seems that as long as there is SOMETHING written on the paper, it gets an A. It would have gotten a D in my day.

I attended this school and graduated a few years ago. I absolutely LOVED my school! The teachers were always encouraging and down to earth. They were ALWAYS there when I needed help, and even now I have called up some of my past teachers and asked them for help which they give willingly. It DEFINITELY prepared me for college and was able to graduate at the top of my class because of the awesome educational foundation that NHS laid for me! Go panthers!

I absolutely love the teachers & staff & dr. Peterson. I had a couple of girls harrassing my daughter, dr Peterson took action right there & then, no hesitation. He loves his students and goes above and beyond, as do some teachers!! Awesome awesome awesome school, happy parent, happy kids, good grades! Life is great! Best high school in St Tammany for sure! Not only am I a parent here, I also substitute there for the teachers! I love it!

Last modified Northshore High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.