Slidell, LA

Posted June 05, 2014
We moved here from California and I had heard some bad things about Louisiana Schools. I researched and found out from a lot of locals that this was by far the best school to send your child to. Because my daughter was new, it worked for us that the school is only 2nd and 3rd graders, so it was a lot less intimidating. The school was excellent, even above the standards we were used to. I was very impressed with the quality of work, the grading scale and the fieldtrips that she was able to participate in. Not to mention the "positive reinforcement" with rewarding the children with buzz bucks when they did something right. It was very cool. I even got a "good news call" from the principle to tell me that my daughter was doing very well in her class. She is thriving there and got straight A's on her report card ( a first for us ). I would highly recommend this school to any undeciding parents.

Honey Island Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2013
This was our first year after transferring from Whispering Forest and what a shock. Such a different environment. I've heard the feeder schools are worse. Classes are larger..too many kids. The traffic before and after is unbelievable. I've encountered similar issues with school involvement in activities seeimingly limited to certain children and parents. We are seriously considering moving out of this district.

Posted February 02, 2012
great school. although crowded due to this area's reputation of good schools, The class size is fairly small compared other parts of the country.With all the staple resources that hasn't suffered budget cut , like structured PE class , music class , art class,gifted program, special ed program - even Suzuki string class, singing bee, Lego league....you couldn't ask more from a public school.Parents are very involved, teachers and staff are respectful.

Honey Island Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2010
My son is a 2nd grader coming from C.C.E and although schools has only been in session a week im already seeing the same patern as @ C.C.E.The school itself is awesome,lots of positive behavior rewards,A.R program,music,art,great food.My problem is with a certain group of moms coming from C.C.E. The same clique always runs the pta,is in charge of everything,and their kids are the ones ALWAYS in the newspaper.It would be nice if the school allowed some NEW parents be involved,its like a monopoly...and it is not fair.So until something changes the rest of us parents have to sit on the sidelines because its the same parents,different school.

Honey Island Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
this is the best school yet my son goes to ths school and he loves it. there are buzz bucks candy games prizes and all sorts of stuff.my sons in 3 grade and hes in mrs.mcickcormicks class and he loves her he said shes very very very nice and gives them gogart and popcicles when they are helpful!

Honey Island Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted June 14, 2007

Honey Island Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2007
I have somewhat mixed feelings about this school. Both of my children have attended and all of their teachers have been good, although I have been given a sense that not all of the teachers are overjoyed about the idea of parent participation. I know that we can be a little overbearing and obtrusive at times but it really makes me a little uncomfortable when I think that I am not completely welcome in my child's classroom both as a parent and a volunteer. Great reading program and food not a lot of extra curricular activities other than family reading night.

Posted February 20, 2006
I am very pleased with Honey Island. We were welcomed back after the storm with open arms after five months. I love my second grader's teacher. This is a great school.

Honey Island Elementary School 2

Posted November 09, 2005
I am very disappointed with this school. My Daughter dreads going every day. The teacher is unpleasant at best and tyrannical at worst. Communication with us (written) has been downright rude. My Daughter was even 'forgotten' and left alone in a classroom. I am on this site desperately looking for other options!

Honey Island Elementary School
500 South Military Road, Slidell, LA  70461
Last modified Honey Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Honey Island Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top