Posted May 01, 2014
This school is wonderful! The teacher's are always so caring and attentive. The principal is always supportive and always listens to any concerns I may have. My child has learned SO MUCH this year. She barely knew her letters last summer and is now reading words in the FOUR YEAR OLD PROGRAM! The extracurricular activities are wonderful as well. My daughter is constantly telling me how much fun she has. I am apaulled that someone would give the school a 1 star rating because of the kitchen staff. The kids have been well fed since that incident. They have been using Picadilly Cafeteria, and when I order for my daughter, she always tells me how good it is. I love Calvary Baptist School! Unless something unforeseen happens, she will be attending Calvary through the eighth grade. I am hoping in the future they add a high school.

Calvary Baptist School 1

Posted February 23, 2014
This place is terrible, I heard the whole kitchen staff walked out on Friday. What will those kids do about lunch??

Posted September 18, 2013
I have two boys there and love it. One of my boys is very strong willed and each teacher he has had worked very diligently to find his strengths and lovingly get him to listen. Especially Jeanfreau this year.

Posted July 23, 2013
To (A Parent) : your review is dishonest and stinks of bitter grapes. It's dishonest because you were once a teacher their that got fairly fired, and now you want to lash out with an evil spirit. The Pastor needs no defending as he is an upright God fearing man who puts God first. And the administration is also excellent. My daughter attends school their.

Posted July 23, 2013
The teachers were very knowledgeable and attentive. The principal and pastor, along with the rest of the staff, were easily accessible. I am extremely impressed with the quality education my child received! I highly recommend this school!

Posted February 11, 2013
I have to say that I am very disappointed with Calvary Baptist in a number of ways. The administration disciplines severely based on tattling by other children. I have never heard of so many infractions that weren't seen by an adult. Secondly, communication is horrible. The school has no working website to keep parents up to date on what is going on. I am lucky to get an email sometimes with the events of the week, but there is no predictability to when that email will be received. It could be the evening before an important event, or the week before, so if you should need to make arrangements to be there for anything, it is a gamble. Thirdly, the lunch situation is horrible. The $3.50 for lunch does not include milk. Milk for the year has to be purchased within the first 2 weeks of school, and after that there is no changing of your mind or purchasing it for a day. If your child can be challenging, Calvary is definitely not the setting for them. The administration is only too happy to apply a label to them and blow anything out of proportion in order to have the child leave the school. They are quite skilled at this process.

Posted November 18, 2012
My children attended this school a couple of years ago. It is my belief that Calvary Baptist is limited on what they could offer my children. Whether, before and after care, teachers, education discipline, etc. I experienced challenges in all areas as at that time, the office secretary was running the school and the principal was what appeared to be second in command. We had to pay for everything which became quiet costly after a while. The teachers were not certified by the state in which I am clear the state nor Archdiocese requires, however, there was always a question of the educational quality my children were receiving. For a long time, I thought I was happy with Calvary Baptist until I began to observe some instances I could no longer appreciate nor continue to place my children. Accountability was key and that was something they were not willing to accept. As a result, I withdrew my children from the school and resorted to public education. My husband and I are quite satisfied with public education. Not only do my children get to experience the varying technological resources made available to them they also get top educational opportunities by certified teachers.

Calvary Baptist School 3

Posted June 06, 2012
My child has attended Calvary for 5 years. Overall, I have had a good experience with this school. However, there are some things that exist which I think takes away from the school. I find that the school does give perference to particular parents at times; the lunch program is not a very good one in that if your child forgets to bring his/her lunch, the child is given water and crackers (I find that to be harsh and unusual as this is not the case at other private schools around the city); the children are given numerous "red slips" for random acts by random people (not sure if these people are teachers, paraprofessionals, etc) and then they are subject to a detention in which the parent has to pay for.

Posted January 22, 2012
I think Calvary is a great school academicly,but they are seriously lacking on communication. I totally disagree with pre-3 &4 being suspended or having Saturday detention "these are kids" there should be other approaches to discipline. They teach the children to do what God wants us to do, but if a child forgets their lunch ay home they will not give the child a hot meal only water and a pack of crackers because they did not pay for a $3.50 lunch. That is not of GOD AT ALL. Calvery has the Abeka program just like the rest of the private schools. It is all about the money!

Calvary Baptist School 1

Posted August 23, 2010
I was referred to this school by other parents and the teachers seem attentive and personable, but the before and after school program is lacking. The fee schedule is confusing, they do not account for actual time only what you will be charged for, and if you question anything they bite your head off, not respectful to parents at all. I understand and appreciate rules, but there is a huge power trip going on here and the principal was not eager to assist so . . . keep up with when you actually drop off and pick up your child in case something would happen and probably good ideal to check your bill cause director may be taking advantage of your busy and rushed schedule. . . which is not not what we pay them for.

Calvary Baptist School
1615 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified Calvary Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Calvary Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top