Slidell, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 27, 2014
Our children have been at OLL since 2008. Our children are challenged academically and spiritually. Our children are performing at an above average to excellent level. Folks can complain about lack of concern or involvement by the administration but our experience has been that you get what you are willing to give, and not monetarily. Our children are going to make mistakes and we are willing to accept that and hold them accountable. That goes a long way. The few issues we have had have been resolved through honest conversation and communication with the school and church leaders. We have a child in middle school. I assure you that child is challenged and is doing very well. I had concerns regarding Middle School math but our child has tested over 95% on Standardized testing, we know that child has been exposed to and learned the requirements at that level. 2 reasons why I give 4 stars is 1. No school is perfect and 2. We are losing 8th grade in 2015 due to a poor decision on the part of the New Orleans Archdiocese. We will keep our children at OLL thru 7th grade because we believe that it is the best school for them to receive the academic/spiritual growth they need.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Lourdes' middle school teachers are less concerned with her academic success than those at public school. I also had to pay for tutoring since it's NOT included in the tuition...and she's an average student; not slow. The teachers are allowed to post nightly homework online for the parents to be involved with the child's assignments, but they don't do it. Conferences with teachers didn't help (one teacher literally gave me shrugged shoulders). Emails to the Principal and Counselor didn't help either. I was left no choice but to pull my daughter out to go back to public school where the teachers are state certified, tutoring is offered, and there's no "good ol' boy" cronyism among the staff.

Posted May 20, 2012
I would not have my child in any other school. Having had her enrolled in a different school early-on, I can honestly say that there is no comparison. Her elem. experience has been excellent! She looks forward to the challenge of mid-school. Her teachers have her well-prepared to move forward. It will also be exciting to have the new gym & cafeteria next year!

Posted June 06, 2011
I attend Lourdes from 5-8th grades and i wish i had started there sooner. It is by far one of the best schools i have ever attended. Most of my teachers are great and make class fun instead of just boring learning. There are lots of sports and clubs for the children to be involved in. There is homework but not a lot. The teachers review until ALL of the students understand the materials which does not normally make the students too behind in their academics because most of the students are very bright. We do a lot of expiraments and labs. The students are for the most part all friends and if someone is somewhat of an outcast, no one bullies them, they just leave them alone or try and make friends with them. The lunches are okay. Only about half of them are good but we get two choices so there is normally a good, healthy choice. I would definitely suggest this school to send your children to.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted January 05, 2011
My step-daughter attended OLL for almost a year. To say the least, it was a terrible disappointment. The academics were the same as the public school, but the teachers and staff were markedly less concerned with her well-being than those at Slidell Junior High. Let me repeat that - the public school teachers cared far more about my daughter than those at a school you pay thousands to attend. The Assistant Principal is not only rude, he is even aggressive. The office staff is also inept. We withdrew our daughter and gave the school three-weeks notice, however they were still unable to process her withdrawal quickly enough to start her new school on time - even though we called them several times. To compare, Bonne Ecole Elementary had our other daughter's package ready and waiting to fax to the new school, it took them all of 5 minutes. Bottom line, for a school that is supposedly associated with Christianity, there are few Christian values present. My impression - money talks at OLL.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 0

Posted February 01, 2010
School is okay. Supposed to be a Christian environment but that is only based on how much money you donate to this school. Also, they really drop the ball in Middle School especially in Math and Science.

Posted April 29, 2009
3Rd grade has been incredible. Our new , mrs. Schneider is a wonderful teacher. Her patience & understanding is a+++. The other 3rd grade teacher has a completely differernt style--not warm and fuzzy-yet effective. She too is an excellent teacher. I have been warned that the upper grades after 4th are -not so good. I am not sure abouth the years to come, but up to 3rd is spectacular!!! way to go oll

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 0

Posted September 25, 2008
This is the 5th year that my child has attended this school. It has been my experience that it is much better in the lower grades. Once they get to 5th grade, it leaves very much to be desired. Last year the language teacher was absent more than she was there. This left the children with a substitute for more than half the year. Then, this same teacher is allowed back to teach again. C'mon.... Is this really what you are paying for? I think that the current principal has been there way too long. They need to get this crusty guy out and put some newer, more fresh idea minded people in. My child will be attending another public school soon...

Posted June 10, 2008
Couldn't have chosen a better school for my 4 children. Two boys and then two girls all attended pre-k through 8th grades. Two have graduated from Pope John Paul High School and did very well due to the excellent background they received at Lourdes. They were well prepared to compete with the students from St. Margaret and Lake Castle. One had the highest GPA in the school their senior year while taking 5 honor courses. They didn't just fall out of the sky and they were never classified as gifted. They were schooled at Our Lady of Lourdes. I commend the Principal, faculty and staff that work hard with the parents so that the students will have success in the academic life. YES their school bags are heavy. They do have homework almost every night. That's part of why they succeed. The school also has excellent exta curricular activities. Go see!!

Posted April 18, 2008
My child started in the 1st grade 11 days before Hurricane Katrina. When we returned in December she was greeted w/ cheers by the other children. What a pleasure this school has been. This school was the reason we moved to Slidell from Mandeville. The school environment is wonderful, the church community is fantastic. Fathers Frank & Kyle are the two best priests I've ever listened to at mass. My child is getting a good education and wonderful guidance in her faith. I do feel that there is too much homework and we have to 'teach' our child in the evenings. AR program expectations are too much. Kids need to be kids too. The amount of homework leaves little time to have fun. I would recommend this school.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
345 Westchester Place, Slidell, LA  70458
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top