Bad
Good

This has to be the most disappointing school I have ever had my children attend. I was so impressed by the building and the positive nature of the administration and staff. Then my children actually attending this poor excuse for a school. They often come home with no homework and are getting less and less interested in school. Many of the teachers I have interacted with can barely speak correct English. I have received notices from the school with grammar and spelling errors. This is a disaster that needs immediate overhaul. I will be sending my children to a different school next year.

This school is by far the worst my kids ever attented. If your kids are smart, you don't want them to waste their education in this school. One of the teacher (first grade teacher told my kid that he don't need to study because he is smart). What kind of teacher will say something like that. Teachers need to be more encouraging to students and not to make students think that they are smart enough not to study.

Sending my child to this school is the worst mistake i may have made. Some, not all, but some of the teachers there just don't care about the kids...It's truely a shame....Let's just say i wont be sending my child there next year.

I go To East Iberville now! We do have a band now! We do have and art class! Our test scores went up dramatically over the past few years! Some of you parents don't know what you are or were talking about!

East Iberville is a very good school that will only get better. The administration (Johnson and Edwards) are turning it around. They still have progress to make though. They are requiring more of students and teachers. Teachers who don't have children's best interest seem to be disappearing. That's a good thing! I have two children at East. I love the Reading First Program now that I can see results in my child. The High School English Dept. is the one of the best. We could stand more improvement in the arts. We need a band, choir, art or something. Those types of things are holding us back. HomeEc is great too. Parents need to get more involved too. I see the same few parents everytime. No support but want to complain when something goes wrong! I would love to see a vibrant PTA and Booster Club.

The principal at this school seems more interested in creating a 'cult of personality' than he does in student achievement. The best teachers are leaving the school in droves. Most parents who can send their kids to any other school available. Nothing will change at this school until its leadership is based on talent and achievement instead of political connections.

East Iberville is a school with untapped potential- beautiful buildings and facilities. However, the administration seems to be 'all talk and no action'. Test scores continue to plummet under the current leadership, students continue to abandon the school, and community support is minimal at best. It is a school in precipitous decline, and unless things change radically soon, my children will be sent elsewhere.

As the mother of two children who graduated from East Iberville I want to say both of my children are doing well. Many parents over the years have complained about the high school English teacher but I can tell you from experienced our children were prepared for college and are doing well in English. If you child is coming home with no homework maybe they are not bring it home. Be involved with your children and their education. East Iberville may not be perfect and I don't know of a school that is...but we can count on one thing...children are learning if they want to learn ...by the way everyone use to complain about the discipline at the school. Thanks Mr. Johnson for turning it around. Congratulations to the many students who are receiving scholarships and have to colleges such as Tulane, LSU, Xavier and many others.

I am so disappointed in this school. It is such a beautiful facility to be such a failure at educating our children. It seems that there is no vision or plan at East Iberville for improvement. My children often come home for days with no homework and are no longer interested in school. The teachers just seem to be doing the same thing over and over again and it shows in the test scores that are going DOWN each year. As soon as I can, I will enroll my children in a school that really works. The only thing going for East Iberville is the discipline...but that is not enough to teach children.

The staff is very helpful, the principals are excellent. The school is very much under control. This school deserves a very high rating. It is a big improvement. Thanks for teaching my children.

Last modified East Iberville Elementary/High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.