Sulphur, LA

Posted April 22, 2014
Absolutely wonderful school. Teachers go way above and beyond. So proud for my children to be able to attend Frash. I wouldn't want my children to go any where else.

Posted April 17, 2012
My two sons have attended Frasch over the last 15 years. They are 10 years apart in age. This is the youngest's final year at Frasch. So in these 15 years I have seen a lot. The teachers at Frasch are the BEST!!! Principal Rick Truax was my junior coach back in Westlake, so I guess I knew how strict he was and I really appreciate the way he ran the school. I am "old School" about discipline. I do agree however that there could have been more freedoms on a few things. Now, with Principal McCardle, I have seen BIG improvements. The school faculty and students are a family and there are definitely more happy "campers" around the school. I have to mention our favorite teacher, Mrs. Debra Morrison, who was such a beautiful person and cares about her students. I really appreciate the DDP department for helping my son in speech. He started at Frasch at the age of 3 with development delayed speech and he is now in 5th grade and is an honor student. Thanks to everyone at Frasch who have made my sons elementary learning experience a great one.

Posted March 13, 2012
This school plays favoritism with their students to much. The only pay attention to the students that makes their school look good. Instead of paying attention to their safety.

Posted August 27, 2009
My daughter lived in the office at her previous school because she did not feel comfortable there. She was so excited to go to Frash after going to the open house because shefelt that all the staff were nice and she also felt that they liked her! Since being there for one week, she has learned so much and always brings home smiley faces and completes all her work. She even does her homework without any problems. Frash was a blessing for my daughters education. I also appreciate thecar riders pick up routine. This is one school that I feel my childs safety is a priority! Thankyou to all the staff at this wonderful school!

Frasch Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2009
I Like this school because, they are intrested in the kids education. They have good teachers that want to teach, instead of doing it just for the money. Some teachers could careless if they learned anything. Not at Frasch Elementary.

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted July 28, 2008
I have to say I disagree with the parent below. If your child expresses that he is being 'picked on' or there is any other problem in class, then a parent should be allowed to see first hand what the problem is and the school should be obliged to make that possible. The school district told us that there is no policy restricting parents from seeing, however we were never allowed by Frasch staff to see our child in the classroom environment. Additionally, when it came to parent-teacher conference, we didn't even conference with our child's teacher, she sent someone in her place, on multiple occasions.

Frasch Elementary School 0

Posted December 19, 2007
My daughter went to school at Frasch for 6 years and she received an excellent education. The parents are not allowed into the classrooms at anytime because there is work going on. The teachers are professionals and should be treated like that from the parents. Just like if they were doctors, you can't see a doctor whenever you want, you make appointments. The teachers were always eager to schedule teacher conferences with me, but I knew when my child was in the classroom that my child was being taught by the teacher. Mr. McCardle can just improve on an already excellent school, by making the parents happy with spirit shirts, fund raisers, and yearbooks. My daughter went to school for academics and that is what she received. She has fun on weekends, summers, and holidays

Frasch Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2007
I must say, my opinion of Frasch Elementary has changed drastically since Frasch has been appointed a new principal, Tony McCardle. Mr. McCardle has addressed all of the concerns I have had in the past. First, parent involvement is higher than ever before. I feel welcome at the school and happy to volunteer. My child is now able to wear a spirit shirt on Fridays. I feel the school is still strict; however, there is more freedom now at the school. I am very impressed and I simply waiting for the school to improve more with Mr. Tony McCardle.

Posted November 05, 2007

Frasch Elementary School
540 South Huntington Street, Sulphur, LA  70663
Last modified Frasch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frasch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top