PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Christ The King School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
I will begin with this: if your not part of the CTK click; its not that you choose not too but the simple fact some of us have to work in order to afford private school tuition, you just don't exist to them! If your child has a problem and behold if its with a student whose parent is in the click well lets just say nothing will happen to the student and your child will be the one in the wrong regardless of the proof you have! Favoritism by teachers to students who are in the click! God forbid if you go to the principle on a student in the click everyone in the click along with their children knows after you asked that it stated within the people involved! Loved the stares and how people that once spoke to you before the problem occurred no longer will even acknowledge you! Some of the teachers are very loving and caring will go above and beyond for the students; but its only a handful! There are a few teachers that need to retire because their hearts are no longer into teaching, the students are the ones to suffer! The subs that teach there; I do not feel are qualified! After things I saw this yr! I am not happy with some of the things that went on at the school this year!

Christ The King School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
I wish I could say that I loved our experience at Christ the King, but that would be a lie. I also think most of these great reviews are posted by the teachers who work their & their kids attend for free. They are given extra attention & lacked rules. The principal will not reprimand any teacher for any reason. I pray things get better at this school because the children suffer.

Posted October 13, 2010
My children and grandchildren went there and received a quality education.

Posted April 19, 2010
My son is in the 1st grade and we love the education he is receiving at Christ the King school. The curriculum pushes the students to excel at an early age and the environment is a loving one. I am impressed by all that he is learning and I appreciate the pride the teachers and staff take in their relationships with the students. It was always important to me that he attend Christ the King school and I am very happy with the decision we've made.

Posted April 14, 2010
My daughter has been at Christ the King ofr 10 years. This has been the BEST LOVING enviorment for our entire family. I would change a thing about my experience. We are going to miss EVERYONE with her moving on to High School next year.

Posted August 13, 2009
Reading some reviews, I don't believe they are talking about the Christ the King my child goes to. We are not a CTK family and have no connections to the school. My child has excelled while at this school, and especially since the new Princinpal arrived. When bullying occured against my child, CR handled it immediately and professionally. Most grumblings at the school are caused by parents who want all the attention only for themselves or their child. It's not attractive. This is a Great school!

Christ The King School 4

Posted May 28, 2009
Both of my children go to CTK. The school has grown so much over the years. The majority of the teachers are wonderful and truly care about the children. The school allows for the kids to be themselves and encourages them to excel in so many ways...Beta Club, Quiz Bowl, Academic Games, sports teams. I would highly recommend this small gem of the Westbank to anyone. There is something different and special about this school. The children love going to school everyday. A real family environment.

Posted March 18, 2009
Last year we were so energized by our new administration, this year we are dumb founded by her inability to be an effective administrator. Many excellent teachers have left or will be leaving because they do not believe in our new principle. There is no accountability for teachers who do the wrong thing. Do not bother complaining, your calls and e-mails will be ignored by staff, and the principle does not follow up or through with her promises to handle situations. We do not intend on staying any longer than we have to, one more year and we can be done with CTK.

Posted October 17, 2008
I attended Christ the King as a child and would not recommend this school to anyone. I had a little trouble with my academics and when I needed a little 'extra' push or a little 'extra' help with my schoolwork, not one of my teachers were willing to help me.

Christ The King School 4

Posted September 22, 2008
I am a single parent bringing my children in from way outside the 'parish.' I have made myself available in every way possible, even though I work a 9 to 5 job. I have made friends from my work as a volunteer and have never been made to feel like an outsider. On my few visits to the school during the day, cr is never in her office, preferring to visit the classrooms. Make yourself available, get to know everyone and maybe you won't feel like an outsider. BTW, give these people a chance, they evacuated also and are trying to restore some normalcy to an otherwise chaotic beginning of the year. BTW concerns, go see cr.

2106 Deerfield Road, Terrytown, LA  70056
Last modified Christ The King School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8