Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2010
All of my kids attended Boudreaux since 2002. I have had no problems, except for the minor squabbles that come from young children. My son went through their Gifted & Talented program and is now in the 12th grade with an ACT of 31. Boudreaux may not be entirely responsible for this but they played a role. Parental involvement was low. A lot of this may have been due to the parents. I went on almost all of my kid's field trips and heard other students complain that their daddies were home but refused to go. The kindergarten teachers were the best and took time out for their students. Honestly, I wished my kids could have stayed through middle school years.

Posted April 22, 2010

Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2009
My son have been attending this school since kindergarden . This year they have started a new program for children having problem with their reading . I find that they do have a lot of helping program but lack of teaching . Also when my son was in his second grade his teacher was never there . Test paper were never send home like there were suppose to and i find teacher using cell phone while teaching is unappropriate . I know i cant complain because it a public school but everyone wondering why La have the poorest education . It not the student it the teacher they need to put on there A game

Posted April 23, 2009
The school is ok, not alot of parent involvement mainly due to scheduling I think. I have 3 children that attend Boudreaux and the scheduling for meetings and events are usually when it's convenient for the teachers and faculty not the parents. The school is terrible for maintaining documentation handed in like Doctor's notes, letters for special circumstances for students (evaluations etc.) I think it's a good school overall but there is a great deal of room for improvement

Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2007
I was not impressed what-so-ever with my sons kindergarten year. His teacher was pregnant, which is not a problem except she left at 7months pregnant and from then on till the end of the year he was stuck with a substitute teacher. As far as outdoor activitys go I was more then pleased, they had fieldtrips all the time, but playing outdoors doesnt teach my child to read and write. Both my husband and I feel a whole year of my sons schooling was lost.

Posted April 13, 2006
- a former student

Posted August 02, 2005

Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2005

Posted April 18, 2005
The quality of academic programs are excellent. The programs are geared toward LEAP requirements and preparation. I am unware about music, art, sports and other extra curricular acitivies because these programs are rarely advertised. The level of parental involvement is low. I think this is due to an admininstration that can be viewed an uncaring and insensitive to the diversity of the the school population as evidence by how parents are address when it comes to the student and their behavior/academic progress. Additionally, I think the events or programs are not scheduled at a time conducive for parents to attend or participate.

Posted April 14, 2005
- a staff
Boudreaux is a great school. A lot of parental involvement.

Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School
950 Behrman Highway, Terrytown, LA  70056
Last modified Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top