Posted July 17, 2013
I don't even know where to begin with this school. The secretaries were rude, and because of them my daughter missed her initial placement test for kindergarten. They could not hold a principal. School to parent communication was virtually zero. To this day, after a full school year, we still do not know if every Friday was dress down day. My daughter was bullied, came home with a black eye, and slap marks, and had small personal items stolen from older kids on the bus, and the school did nothing about it. Meanwhile, she was placed in school counseling for her behavior. There were school drivers that smoked cigarettes on the bus. When we mentioned this to the school board, we were told it would be taken care of, or we could take it up with the principal, even though for the last six months of the school year they didn't even have a principal. Although the teacher wasn't too bad, she seemed constantly overwhelmed, although the specific teacher seemed to try. Maybe a good teacher in an awful school. I'm ashamed I let my daughter go to this school for an entire school year.

Posted January 08, 2013
My child is attending this school and I must say that I am so disappointed. I can't believe who they let in to teach. The teachers treat the children like dirt and are constantly raising their voices. It seems they don't even have the patience to be teachers or school staff. I have honestly never seen such behavior from teachers in my life. It is even to the point that the kids are cursed at and that I find totally unacceptable. The first opportunity I get to get my child out... I AM!

Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2010
This school does not have enough rewarding for the students who work hard. That can be little discouraging.

Posted April 02, 2010
My children have been with this school for two years. I have notice ..teachers come and go quickly. Just no stability! Overall....it's ok....needs a lot of improvement

Posted February 25, 2010
I believe the 5th graders at this school is amazing!They work so hard on thier reading.Mostly i should grag about the teachers that help them do so well.

Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School 5

Posted January 07, 2010

Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2008
4 years and looking forward to another Great year!

Posted April 14, 2008
This might make me sound less educated, but this school absolutly SUCKS!!! They have been on acedemic probation with the school board since my son attended kindergarden there 4 years ago. The principle is USELESS! Also, the teacher turn over rate is the worst I have ever seen.

Posted March 28, 2008
We have attended for 3 years now, and have found the quality of the teachers to be very poor. We've had several different teachers in this last year and the majority did not seem qualified to teach. They are so overwhelmed with the class size I feel it hinders them from teaching. The last Teacher is very qualified but seems but very unorganized. The Teacher does not test weekly or provide a weekly homework sheet. I can't track my child's weekly progress. I've made several request for some type of schedule & have not received one. I've spoken with the Principal and Assistant Principal on several ocassions and the Principal's comments are 'I leave all classroom issues up to the Teacher, It's their decision'. Frankly, I'm very disturbed by this. It's suppose to be about the children, not the teachers. - disturbed in waggaman

Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School 5

Posted November 17, 2007

Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School
700 Dandelion Drive, Waggaman, LA  70094
Last modified Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lucille Cherbonnier Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top