Watson, LA
Students enrolled: 1,168

Live Oak High School 1

Posted August 02, 2014
Teachers are good, but the administration needs extreme improvement. Tries to pretend to be a private school. Has suspended a student over a Tweet and a student has been reprimanded for petitioning. Principal does not make herself available to students.

Live Oak High School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
This is the best school that I know of even though they haven't done anything about bullying but it won't matter what I think because I'm one student that has got expelled but it's the best school to go to no matter what happens if I had a chance to go back to that school I would I would say sorry to everyone from scarying them and I would let them know it was a joke nobody would have been harmed... No one will know me unless you ask the six that got expelled at the same time

Live Oak High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Both of my children attended Live Oak and now my grandson is a senior this year. His little sister is now attending North Live Oak. All excellent schools and I have seen the results of an education at this school. Wonderful !

Posted August 01, 2009
I've gone to this school for years and it's great!! Yes, we have our proplems here and there but we have great funding and we are about to start building our second high school! Live oak is growing fast. We have three elementary schools already and the old highschool is going to turn into another middle school. I cant wait!! Class of 2012!

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted July 02, 2008
I ve been to live oak high school for my student exchange year 2006/2007! I loved it so much, all the teachers were very nice and every student seemed interested in me! I had so much fun at this school and it taught me all the american values! greetings from germany! :)

Posted June 03, 2008
I attended Live Oak K-12. The great thing about this school is that it has values and restrictions. I have seen droves of people who stopped renting in Baton Rouge, took their children out of private school, bought a house in Watson and placed their kids in Live Oak. Then of course once they were there they wanted to 'improve' the school. Those are the ones giving the bad reviews. I love the people who are from this area.

Live Oak High School 4

Posted April 12, 2008
I love this school. I've been going to Live since 6th grade and the teacher are great, but sometimes it seems like they pay more attention to the dress code than anything else. All in all, a great school!!

Live Oak High School 0

Posted October 09, 2007
Be aware that this school, although excellent academically, is about as close to a military school as a public school can get. There is no PTA and meaningul parental involvement is discouraged. Signed, Moved Away and Happier For It

Live Oak High School 3

Posted May 09, 2007
I really like Live Oak. The teacher's are awesome and I have bonded with them so much. It's like they treat you like a person and not just a student. But there are times that I think that they let 'special' students get away with things more so than the other students. And sometimes they can be stricter on things that do not matter as much than on things that matter more. But all in all I am glad that I went to Live Oak. Even though I am leaving it for another school, I will miss it a lot.

Live Oak High School
P.O. Box 590, Watson, LA  70786
Last modified Live Oak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Live Oak High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top