West Monroe, LA
Before care: Yes

Northeast Baptist School 3

Posted May 21, 2014
A lot of people have come on this site in anger and pointed fingers at people they had unresolved, personal problems with. That does not reflect this school. Others have complained about the school's rules. While some are a bit extreme, everyone is able to read the handbook BEFORE they send their child here. As a former student, I really know what NBS is like. It's small so yes there is drama and there will be people who disagree about how things should be run. My experience was not negative though. The classes are easily passed if the student does their part in contributing to their work. There are no try outs for sports so students can get as involved with their classmates as they wish. No one is left out and everyone can have a friend. Don't send your kid there to find god or to get fixed though because they won't. A lot of the students have bad morals and are never confronted about breaking the rules unless they cause the school problems. It is very partial. But despite the MANY problems, NBS was good for me. I was able to figure out who I am in the less hectic environment where at public school I was lost. If your child needs a change, NBS should be an option.

Posted October 27, 2013
We love this school. It truly has the respect of Jesus at the heart of core and continuously provides the children with the education required to succeed in today's college/job market. We've had two children attend this school and we are extremely pleased. Yes, there have been differences with occasional teachers, but everyone does their best to work things out. The teachers care about the children and their education and the principal is outstanding. Can't recommend this school enough!!!

Posted October 04, 2013
I'm currently a student at Nbs and I've been here for 10 years. This school is great, yes there are problems but none that are so bad that it would force you to leave. I have seen so many students come and go and frankly the ones that dislike the school or hate it are the ones that couldn't handle being told what to do. Also this school will not change your child if they are a bad or problem student. But nbs will show your child the right way to go but they cant make he or she walk down it. This school is structered a lot like the workplace in that obedience and discipline are major focuses. The teachers here really truly care about the students and will go out of their way to help you, in school work or even personal issues you may be struggleing with. All in all this school is fantastic. The reviews from more than two years ago DO NOT reflect the way the school is now. Nbs is bigger, better, and more like the high school experiences that you would want your child to have. As a ten year veteran, I recommend this school. Thank you to everyone at nbs for making my life great. A satisfied student. Parker Wold- Class of 2014

Posted August 06, 2013
Northeast Baptist School is a great school. The teachers are Christian people; who actually care what your academic outcome is. I've been at NBS for four years, and I wouldn't go any where else. There some kids who don't like somebody telling them what to do, so they get on here and say bad things. Truthfully it is a good Christian school. -NBS student

Posted March 23, 2011
This school is the worst I've ever been too. I was so put out and upset with this school that I left before the year was out. I actually suffered with emotional problems for several months because of this place. There are some really bad teachers! One teacher wouldn't stop talking. Talked about planes, trains, life, but never what we were supposed to be learning!! Another teacher confused the daylights out of everyone. They talked about things my mom would be horrified to know they talked about in front of me. I have MUCH MUCHMUCHMUCH more to say, but I don't want this to turn into a rant, so I'll leave with this statement. This may be a "Christian" school, but there's not much anything Christian about it. The good people and good things about this school were greatly outnumbered by the bad. I recommend another private school or homeschooling. Anything other then this school! -A Disgusted X-Student

Posted October 09, 2009
There are some children who don't like rules, and their parents sometimes have problems, too. Many of them apparently come and go at NBS as part of their search for a place that doesn't exist. Then, they write a review here. The truth is that children in all grades get a good education at this school. The teachers and administration genuinely care about the students. You don't have to wonder what is being taught or about the character of the faculty. This is my child's fifth year there, and I have no reason to go elsewhere.

Northeast Baptist School 2

Posted January 21, 2009
Northeast Baptist School has an excellent elementary school. The teachers know what they are doing, and they really strive for the young children to learn and grow in the Lord. However, the high school is just ridiculous. Mrs. Morgan is probably the only excellent teacher. She actually knows what she is doing, and she cares for the students and actually takes the time to call the parents about their child. Other than that, some of the teachers in the high school have absolutely no idea what they are doing, and do not need to be teaching what they are teaching. NBS should revert to just an elementary school.

Northeast Baptist School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
I have to say that this school must have changed a lot since most of these reviews were written. My child is a high school student at this school. He attended public school in our area until last year and we had major problems. NBS was the blessing we prayed for. Without all the negative influence, my child is excelling in academics as well as positive behavior patterns. I no longer have to worry about what he is involved in or who he is with while at school. Sure, it is a much smaller school in comparison to the 'monster private schools' out there. But only because this school is not all about money, it is about God.

Posted September 19, 2007

Posted August 04, 2007
This school has gone down hill for some time now. Apart from the principal, the school would be great. She often goes back on her word to parents. This is not the Christian environment that they try to make it appear to be. I will not send my future children to any environment like this. The guidelines are ridiculously strict. They do not focus on what really needs to be addressed. Too many small issues are blown out of proportion, but even worse, the major issues are often ignored.

Northeast Baptist School
5225 Service Road, West Monroe, LA  71292
(318) 325-2077
Last modified Northeast Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northeast Baptist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top