West Monroe, LA

Posted February 05, 2014
My son attends Drew Elementary. I have been EXTREMELY pleased with the school. My boy has a SLD in math and trouble with motor skills due to having torticollis at birth. He also has rather extreme ADHD and nystagmous.. These conditions are almost unnoticable but these seemingly small disabilities cause him large problems learning. His teachers beginning at the kindergarten level have met with me and advised teaching strategies and interventions to help him. I have worked closely with the regular teachers and the resource teachers during his 6 years at Drew and know that my child's current success is due to my school's efforts to help him. His 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Debbie Wright in particular by watching how he learned made small but signifigant changes to her method of teaching to benefit him even before those changes were in his IEP. Words simply cannot express how grateful I am to everyone who has worked so hard to help him. Drew Elememtary has risen above my expectations as a parent and I will be forever grateful that God put me in a place where my son could attend this school that was willing to find and use the resources to help my son be sucessful!

Posted August 07, 2009
I have two children who attended Drew. I was very disappointed when my child started middle school and found out that children from Claiborne Elementary were much more advanced in science. Until then, we were very happy with Drew. Unfortunately, once we got to see how much more knowledgable the kids from other nearby elementaries were, we grew more and more disappointed. I realized that Drew is more about 'programs' than about teaching. The kids get to go to Six Flags in Dallas, but it's at the expense of their education. The teachers are caring but there is only so much teaching they can do with all those parties going on...

Drew Elementary School 0

Posted August 02, 2009
my kids have atteneded this school since kindergarten and they have some of the best programs , the absolute best and caring teachers and staff. i would not send them anywhere else. sincerely, samantha moore

Posted October 05, 2005

Posted May 07, 2005
This is my child's second year at Drew and I must say that although the school has very good presentation, my child is not getting what he needs there. We thought the first year there was just tough because he was 'the new kid', but this year has proven to be worse. My son's grades have gone from As and Bs to some Cs and Ds, and day to day it is difficult to motivate him to go to school. Meetings with teachers and principal only lead to a blaming session on the child for not being 'focused'. This is very disturbing, as he has always been outgoing and loved school. Because of this, he will finish this year, and we are moving. Believe it or not, he dislikes his school so much, that he is willing to leave his friends to start over at a new place.

Posted March 21, 2005
Being a life-long educator, I realize the importance of a strong academic foundation. Drew exceeds all expectations of 'public school.' Drew is a private school wrapped in a public school. The quality of teachers is unbelievable! As a parent, I would not even consider a private school over Drew.

Posted September 28, 2004
I have had 3 children go from Kindergarten all the way through Drew. I served on the PTO board for several years. This school is the greatest. The teachers are wonderful, parental involvement is welcomed. My children not only got a great education, but truly felt close to several of their teachers.

Posted August 31, 2003
- a former student
While this is only my child's second year to attend here, coming from a private Christian school, she is not getting the help that she needs. The special ed teacher is very helpful, although she is not the main source for help for gifted or IEP students.

Posted August 26, 2003
Drew is a wonderful school. The past 5 years have been a very positive experience for my oldest child, and I look forward to more with my youngest. I would recommend Drew to anyone moving into the area.

Drew Elementary School
1132 Louisiana 15, West Monroe, LA  71291
Last modified Drew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Drew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top