Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

I seen first hand how differently students get treated not fair to all the little ones

Last school year was a rocky year considering how rude and unprofessional the educators were and handled things. Holding this year will be better than last year.

My son attends Drew Elementary. I have been EXTREMELY pleased with the school. My boy has a SLD in math and trouble with motor skills due to having torticollis at birth. He also has rather extreme ADHD and nystagmous.. These conditions are almost unnoticable but these seemingly small disabilities cause him large problems learning. His teachers beginning at the kindergarten level have met with me and advised teaching strategies and interventions to help him. I have worked closely with the regular teachers and the resource teachers during his 6 years at Drew and know that my child's current success is due to my school's efforts to help him. His 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Debbie Wright in particular by watching how he learned made small but signifigant changes to her method of teaching to benefit him even before those changes were in his IEP. Words simply cannot express how grateful I am to everyone who has worked so hard to help him. Drew Elememtary has risen above my expectations as a parent and I will be forever grateful that God put me in a place where my son could attend this school that was willing to find and use the resources to help my son be sucessful!

I have two children who attended Drew. I was very disappointed when my child started middle school and found out that children from Claiborne Elementary were much more advanced in science. Until then, we were very happy with Drew. Unfortunately, once we got to see how much more knowledgable the kids from other nearby elementaries were, we grew more and more disappointed. I realized that Drew is more about 'programs' than about teaching. The kids get to go to Six Flags in Dallas, but it's at the expense of their education. The teachers are caring but there is only so much teaching they can do with all those parties going on...

my kids have atteneded this school since kindergarten and they have some of the best programs , the absolute best and caring teachers and staff. i would not send them anywhere else. sincerely, samantha moore

Last modified Drew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.