West Monroe, LA

Posted April 02, 2014
highland is a great school, with great teachers and staff, It is a good neighborhood school, all my grandchildren have gone to Highland.

Posted June 06, 2011
My son has attended school here since Kg and he will be entering the 4th in 2011-2012. This is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff all work together to encourage the students to do their best. We lost our previous principal whom had been there for many years and we all loved him, and we were a little leary of the new principal for this past year. She did a wonderful job and has added a special twist to the school. HIGHLAND IS AWESOME!!!!!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

Posted September 11, 2010
I attended Highland k-5th. I loved all of my teachers. The school recently got a new principal that has been a great teacher for years. When I reached middle school, I had teachers telling me that they could tell a real difference between the students who went to Highland and those that did not. I am now in college to become an elementary teacher because of the great example set by the teachers I had as a child.

Posted August 25, 2009
We love our school it is so great. Our teachers are the best. Our principal is super.It is the all around . Thanks to all of the stuff for making this possible.

Posted May 24, 2006
My 10 year old daughter just finished 4th grade at Highland and did wonderful, as she has since starting Pre-K there. The teachers and administration there are great and very involved. In fact I have heard Highland described as 'the hidden jewel' of Ouachita Parish. I attended the school from '61 to '66 and it was a great school then with lots of fond memories made back in those days. If you're looking for a great school with a good teacher/pupil ratio, Highland Elementary is a great choice.

Posted December 11, 2005
Sending my daughter to Highland was like sending her to an exclusive private school. The teachers were wonderful. My daughter went on to college with a full academic scholarship because of the great education she started out with at Highland.

Posted September 18, 2005
My grandaughter just finished here and my little boy is in his second year I have been to several different schools at monroe and have never seen a school with the staff and teachers so invovlved and caring . This by far is the best school I have been to . I wish my other kids could have had this experience.

Posted August 19, 2005
My senior at West Monroe High attended Highland and I have a third grader there now. It is a wonderful school! The fact that it is a smaller school is such a blessing. The students get one on one attention and the teachers really care. Mr. Comeaux is a very involved principal and seems to enjoy his job. I wouldn't choose any elementary school over Highland!

Posted May 12, 2005
I have two children at Highland. I can't say enough about the quality of education they receive there. The principal is always accessible, the teachers are absolutely wonderful, and they really stress reading and math, which I consider to be extremely important! I love this school!

Posted February 23, 2004
My son attends Highland Elementary, as one of the other mothers told me before my son started attending, Highland is 'West Monroe's best kept secret'. The teachers are attentive and truly care about the students as well as the parental involvement. I don't have enough space on here to explain how picky of a mother I am or how thankful I am for Highland Elementary.

Highland Elementary School
1501 Wellerman Road, West Monroe, LA  71291
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top