Bad
Good

Riser Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2016
My 3 kids have been to this school. I think it is one of the worst schools. 2 of my children have ADHD and they kept telling me they would get them help. They would send stuff home for me to fill out about helping them but they never got any help. One year a teacher stood in front of the whole class and called out the grades on a test they took. That is very wrong no child should have to be put on the spot like that. My child was taken out of that school and put in a private school after that. My 7 yrs old goes there now and the things he comes home and says are very horrible and he is hearing it from other children at school. This school need teachers that really care about there students more!!!

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 17, 2015
Yes riser employees shows great respect to all visitors parents and all students I love riser.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 17, 2015
All students are treated the same no different yes riser develops caring empathy and compassion.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 17, 2015
All teachers staff and principals are equal to all students who attend riser elem.and middle.

Posted August 17, 2015
Riser always been a great school for my kid's and the teacher's are very nice in teaching students and learning also I really think it's one of the best schools in west Monroe.

Posted September 10, 2013
riser elementry i think they r great my daughter isabella moore love riser and the teachers they do real good

Posted August 20, 2009
I have a grandson going to riser and is a special needs child with downs. Last year was a good year for my grandson but this year the start has been a nightmare from day 1. The changes made is not good for the special needs and that is what they are special needs. At age 4 they do not need to be put in with regular students. Teachers that have no ideal about the special needs, need to educate there self. They need the one on one time not just child in the class room. My grandson can't talk so he cant defend himself. With downs kids they are all different but with the same needs and attention. My grandson with downs is 4 but his mind is age 2. And to have them sit in the hall till bell rings is fine for your regular students but not downs.

Posted June 12, 2009
my son has been going to riser for preschool and i can say that riser school is far one of the best schools that i have seen in along time the teacher are so wounderful and they are graet with the kids. my son and i are realy pleased with the school.

Posted October 13, 2008
My daughter attended Riser Elementary for kindergarten last year. She was a straight A, Principal's List student all year long. A product of Ms. Booker's wonderful teaching, of course! She really came out of her shell and became much more confident simply because of the enriching atmosphere Ms. Booker provided! I can't say enough about the teachers and staff at Riser Elementary! They are very dedicated educators and in my opinion, they exceed all expectations that I could imagine an educational institution SHOULD be! All I can say is 'Thank you!' to Ms. Booker, Ms. Zordan, and Ms. Trish! My family moved to Texas after my daughter's kindergarten graduation, and I have to say that I am having a hard time finding that 'great Texas education' you hear so much about. You ALL have set the bar quite high. We will always remember what you have done for her and us!

Posted August 03, 2008
My son went to Riser from Kindergarden thru the 8th. Never had any problems outside the norm. Now, my grandson starts Pre-K this month. I hope it's still a good school.

100 Price Drive, West Monroe, LA  71292
Last modified Riser Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.