Bad
Good

My 3 kids have been to this school. I think it is one of the worst schools. 2 of my children have ADHD and they kept telling me they would get them help. They would send stuff home for me to fill out about helping them but they never got any help. One year a teacher stood in front of the whole class and called out the grades on a test they took. That is very wrong no child should have to be put on the spot like that. My child was taken out of that school and put in a private school after that. My 7 yrs old goes there now and the things he comes home and says are very horrible and he is hearing it from other children at school. This school need teachers that really care about there students more!!!

Develops character: Agree

All teachers staff and principals are equal to all students who attend riser elem.and middle.

Riser always been a great school for my kid's and the teacher's are very nice in teaching students and learning also I really think it's one of the best schools in west Monroe.

riser elementry i think they r great my daughter isabella moore love riser and the teachers they do real good

I have a grandson going to riser and is a special needs child with downs. Last year was a good year for my grandson but this year the start has been a nightmare from day 1. The changes made is not good for the special needs and that is what they are special needs. At age 4 they do not need to be put in with regular students. Teachers that have no ideal about the special needs, need to educate there self. They need the one on one time not just child in the class room. My grandson can't talk so he cant defend himself. With downs kids they are all different but with the same needs and attention. My grandson with downs is 4 but his mind is age 2. And to have them sit in the hall till bell rings is fine for your regular students but not downs.

my son has been going to riser for preschool and i can say that riser school is far one of the best schools that i have seen in along time the teacher are so wounderful and they are graet with the kids. my son and i are realy pleased with the school.

My daughter attended Riser Elementary for kindergarten last year. She was a straight A, Principal's List student all year long. A product of Ms. Booker's wonderful teaching, of course! She really came out of her shell and became much more confident simply because of the enriching atmosphere Ms. Booker provided! I can't say enough about the teachers and staff at Riser Elementary! They are very dedicated educators and in my opinion, they exceed all expectations that I could imagine an educational institution SHOULD be! All I can say is 'Thank you!' to Ms. Booker, Ms. Zordan, and Ms. Trish! My family moved to Texas after my daughter's kindergarten graduation, and I have to say that I am having a hard time finding that 'great Texas education' you hear so much about. You ALL have set the bar quite high. We will always remember what you have done for her and us!

My son went to Riser from Kindergarden thru the 8th. Never had any problems outside the norm. Now, my grandson starts Pre-K this month. I hope it's still a good school.

I have had 3 children and 1 grandchild attend Riser and have been very happy with their experiences there. After my children attended a more 'popular' school, we chose to return to the Riser school district because the 'pier pressure' was not a problem compared to some of the other schools. My children also felt like they were at home, not just a number. If you were involved in the school at all, they knew your name and welcomed you. Thank you to all the teachers and staff for making my children's experience great!!!!

My son started kindergarden this past year and I was nervous about not being with him throughout the day. His teacher, Ms. Booker is one of the most caring and compassionate person I've met. I didn't have to worry about him at all. The principal, Mrs. Zordan is wonderful. She goes beyond expectations to make Riser the best school ever. Teachers I met throughout the year are very friendly and down to earth. In my opinion, Riser Elm. is the best school for my son. Susan

Last modified Riser Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.