West Monroe, LA
Students enrolled: 1,038

Posted August 30, 2012
Great school! The teachers are wonderful and they prepare the kids for the years to come.

West Ouachita High School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
The School as far as teachers is wonderful. I have only had a problem with the asst. principal she needs she learn how to talk to the children as we need to keep in mind they are teenagers and they live and learn from mistakes. Her being an adult and in her position she defintley doesn't know how to talk to teenagers.

Posted August 21, 2009
Best School in the State in my opinion. The teachers are great, students care about their school and community, and the parents are involved. Couldn't ask for more.

Posted October 10, 2006
I am a student of west ouachita and have been for the past two years. I came from Ouachita and I love the more personal level of this school. It seems the teachers are more willing to interact with the students and try their best to help them. The Music, art sports and chreeleading activities are amazing. The teachers and coaches are committed and care. Parents call the school to ask about something and the staff is as helpful as can be. There Are always booster clubs and i always see parents at the games helping. It is a great school!

Posted April 25, 2006
west ouchita is a wonderful school to attend. i loved it there i was much happier at this school and i wish i were there now but sadly i had to leave and well life goes on. The teachers there are the nicest people you ever could imagine they help every student and have very good rules every student i met was very nice even to the new students. but the football team needs major improvement

Posted April 22, 2006
As a former student of West Ouachita, I am proud to say that I took many great experiences with me when I left. The teachers there know how to connect with their students and form bonds that are remarkable. Students respect the teachers more because the students know that their teachers really care. When I was in school at WOHS I felt like I was getting a quality education that I now know I did get. College is very different from high school, but there were a few teachers who really come to mind who do their best to prepare students for the college scene. Mrs. Rutledge and Mrs. Oaks (English) definitely structure their curriculum to more of a college level than any of the other teachers I had there. WOHS does need improvement, as any school does, but overall I would not want to have gone anywhere else.

Posted July 03, 2005
As a student of West Ouachita High School, I am proud to say that I am a Chief. The teachers here try get on a more personal level with the students than teachers at other schools do. At West Ouachita, you always feel like you belong. The athletics at WO are amazing but the academics are worth the highest praise. Each subject is taught by an array of teachers that truly love to teach and enhance our minds. Our baseball team won the state championship adn our football team made the playoffs. Our softball, tennis, track, golf, soccer, basketball, and cross country teams all have great records. I am proud to say that I am a member of the West Ouachita High School Crimson line Dancers of the Dream. We have won many awards including multiple national championships. GO WO!

Posted February 12, 2005
I am a student at West Ouachita High and it is a great school to go to. The teachers help you out as much as they can, they care if you pass or fail. Our football team may not be the best, but they try their hardest they can do. Our school is well protected from the violence that goes on some of the days. All in all the princiapl does his job and does a great job of it.

West Ouachita High School 4

Posted November 10, 2004
As a former student of West Ouachita High School, I regard the four years I spent there as challenging and inspiring. Because of the excellence of two of my English teachers in particular, Mrs. Oaks and Mrs. Rutledge, I have decided to pursue a career in English education. During my time at West Ouachita I had the opportunities to participate in clubs and organizations that developed my leadership and social skills. I never felt as if I was imprisoned in my high school, but that I was trusted and encouraged to be myself.

Posted August 17, 2004
I'm a senior at West Ouachita High and I've enjoyed my time there very much. I loved all of my teachers and the people in the community are very friendly. Our football team could use a bit of improvement but I know our coach is doing the best he can. The recent threat of names written on the walls was a little scary at first, but after seeing policemen all around our school all the time we were reassured that the situation was under control. The only downfall of having constant police around is that we can no longer speed out of the student parking lot and must keep our inspection stickers up to date. I am sad to be graduating this year but I have lots of friends that are going to the same college as I am. I love you, West Ouachita!!!

West Ouachita High School
4061 Caples Road, West Monroe, LA  71292
Last modified West Ouachita High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ouachita High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top