Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2008
This is the greatest elementary school in NE LA. The schools where I am from are sub-standard, and it has been a blessing for my kids to go to George Welch.

Posted May 26, 2006
When anyone ask me where my daughter goes to school and I tell them George Welch the comment is always the same. ' Oh yeah that is a great school'. My daughter loves the school, teachers, and thinks Mr. Smith is the best. I highly recommend this school to anyone relocating.

Posted January 03, 2006
George Welch exceeds all expectations! It is a beautiful, well organized school. I'm afraid to sell my house and move to a different school. I know that after being at Welch nothing will compare. Mr. Smith and his faculty are wonderful. There are so many parents involved with PTA and volunteer work. I've had one leave George Welch, one about to leave and one on the way there. The education they receive prepares them for what lies ahead. There is nothing bad I can think of to say about this school.

Posted April 29, 2005
I could not ask for better leadership from a principal, nor better caring, devotion, and expertise from a teaching staff. I was blown away while my child attended George Welch at the level of education they received.

Posted December 18, 2003
We have a wonderful staff that truly cares at this school, and it shows.

Posted August 15, 2003
We had our first experience at Welch today. It was wonderful! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. For a parent letting go of a child for the first time, I could not have hand picked a better school environment for my daughter.

Posted June 16, 2003
George Welch Elementary is a wonderful school.

199 Caldwell Road, West Monroe, LA  71291
Last modified George Welch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.