Westlake, LA

Western Heights Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
I have a grandchild in this school, he does well not just according to their standards but by standards.Some of the teachers in this school are good teachers,not all. For the person who has the complaint about the principal, I felt that way 2 years ago. DId not have any problems last year, but this is a new year we shall see how it goes. As for the no fun, I can agree 100%, there were no field trips for my grandchild's grade last year, no parent involved activities out side a lunch or breakfast once a year and the 2 standard holiday parties. As for teaching to test, until the parish does away with testing this is what most of our schools are doing. My grandchild had to take the test last year even though it did not count for anything! The parish just made them test for 3 days because they had the test! GRRR! That being said, I know it is not all the school's fault personally, some of the blame goes to the parish school board and its president, onto those nit wits in Baton Rouge!

Western Heights Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2013
The school is lacking on every level. There is no fun, no extras, no creative learning. I regret sending my child to WHE. They only care about test scores...and look where that has gotten them a C- rating from the parish.

Western Heights Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2010
Great teachers, but the principal really dislikes parent involvement and does nothing (and doesn't pretend to either) to resolve concerns raised. He's just there until he can retire and doesn't really care about the students. Everything else about the school is great until you have to deal with the principal.

Western Heights Elementary School 5

Posted February 29, 2008
I love love love this school. The teachers are awesome and they are always doing extra stuff for their students. My child is in a special education class. She has excelled so much she is like a totally different child. I would not have her go anywhere else!

Western Heights Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2007

Western Heights Elementary School
1100 Elizabeth Street, Westlake, LA  70669
Last modified Western Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top