Posted August 22, 2013
My son has attended Westwood since he was in Kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade. His educational experience has been wonderful. He has been challenged to work hard and is rewarded through the many PBIS program both in the classroom as well as for the school at large. Communication is wonderful thus far. Both the teachers and administrators have been supportive and timely regarding thier response to my request for information. My son does not respond well to hollering and loud talk and thus far he has not encountered this at any level. When I enter the school, it is always very clean, quiet and appears to be condusive to wonderful learning environment. I would reccommend this school to anyone. I hope this year's experience is as wonderful as the previous years. Thank-you Westwood. Janice Manuel

Posted August 14, 2013
The school my son attends is Westwood Elementary School. I have to give this school 5 stars because of all of the wonderful staff. Everyone, principal, teachers, counselor, cafeteria workers, extended day care workers and even the janitorial staff are top notch. I have enjoyed working with them through 3 children, ages 22, 14 and now the last one is 6. I have seen each child excel to their fullest potential while attending Westwood. The best part, besides the excellent education is that everyone is very easy to communicate with and they make you feel like you are a part of that school.

Westwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2010
I love westwood because of the great staff and great principal they have!!! Always helpful with the children education!!

Posted January 13, 2009
Westwood Elementary is an awesome school!! The staff is exemplary!! I love that my kids go to school in such a wonderful, fun, safe, learning environment!!! Thanks Westwood =)

Posted December 02, 2008

Westwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 29, 2008
I do love Westwood Elementary School. I believe the teachers are awesome and the prinicpal is great!! As is the vice principal. But I think they do not place enough one on one time with their students.

Posted September 09, 2007

Posted May 04, 2006
My child started in Pre-K and now is in K there, and we all love it. I am an involved parent, and I notice many other parents involved also. The leadership there is competent and caring and parent-teacher involvement is encouraged. The same can not be said for the other elementary school in Westlake, from my past experience. Even though my child isn't in grade levels for me to know more about the other activities, I do know that the school has French class. For the two years my child has been there, the classes has gone on many field trips, participated in book fairs, and have had fun fund raising activities. This school is well supported by the community and I wouldn't want my child anywhere else.

Westwood Elementary School
1900 Sampson Street, Westlake, LA  70669
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top