Youngsville, LA

Youngsville Middle School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
Have not been Impressed with YMS. Our child has experienced a lot of Bullying. Several teachers are very lazy with keeping grades current. As far as education level, maybe better than most in Louisiana, but they are way behind compared to other states.

Posted October 07, 2011
My daughter went one year here, 5th grade and I loved the school. The teachers and principal work well together and the rules are well structured. I like that they focus more on academics than extracurriculars and that they offer advanced classes to the students who don't quite make it into the gifted program. I am still fighting the school board to get her back into this school inspite of a move we made across the parish.

Posted April 29, 2010
I love my school even if some of the rules they expect us to follow are kind of lame. The teachers are great except for a few and you can tell they truley enjoy teaching the kids in their classes even iif they do get a bit rowdy. Im happy to be a student at YMS. There could be more sports and clubs like a swim team or a step team but other then that its a great school.

Youngsville Middle School 1

Posted December 23, 2009
This school does not have the extracurricular activities that I think are extremely useful for the students at this school. Some are good,but there are not enough sports. My child's academic grades have not been too good and I tried to get invloved, but it did not work. my child is in fifth grade and it does not seem to have enough qualified teachers.

Posted October 30, 2009
This year, my son entered fifth grade at Youngsville Middle School. They have made the transistion exceptionally smooth. The staff is super helpful and always attentive. I'm most impressed with his teachers. They don't settle for average. Their students are expected to maximize their potential! I'm very proud to be a YMS mom. Michelle Marcotte

Posted March 30, 2009
Awesome school spirit and exellent education. Everyone is nice and everyday of school is super exciting and fun!

Youngsville Middle School

Posted November 03, 2007
Overall I feel YMS offers our children a great fondation for their future. However, the office staff does not welcome parents and don't expect a Good Morning or Smile from them. They have way too much work to do to stop and greet parents. As for the qualitiy of an education, the 6th grade teachers at YMS can not and will never be beat! They are truly teachers who teach from the heart!

Posted July 16, 2007
I really like Youngsville. The people there are great, and most of the teachers are pretty nice. They do worry a LOT about what we are wearing, and most people get in trouble for little things. Through last year I do think that there was an improvement though, they started letting us wear sweatshirts with hoods like all the other schools. I think we're only progressing[:

Posted February 07, 2007
I have been very pleased with YMS. The teachers and administration are excellent. They are very responsive whenever I have had a question about anything about my son. As far as the discipline and conduct of the students, the staff has an excellent program. Not only do they discipline, they give incentive points. I couldn't be more pleased with my sons school!! Go Dragons!!

Posted May 10, 2006
The new principal, Mr. Comb, has been the best thing that's happened to this school. Now when you walk into school, it feels welcoming and comfortable. Discipline is handeled better and parents are informed immediately of important events. He even held a community garden event at school. Kids are really held accountable for their actions!

Youngsville Middle School
P.O. Box 1049, Youngsville, LA  70592
Last modified Youngsville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youngsville Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top