Bad
Good

My daughter attended this school from pre-k to first grade and loved it. I also volunteered and worked as a sub in several classes and the spec ed class. I can say without hesitation that everyone on staff puts children first. Also they do strive for excellence but not at the cost of safety or to the point of putting stress on the kids. Everyone wants to teach in Zachary because its a great community and because of that we get the best teachers. I know lots of parents who are very happy with Zachary and I think anyone reading the comments below should know that it does not at all reflect the majority or is it true. Check out the web site or stop by and visit. www.zacharyschools.org

It is a great school and has very good teachers.

My daughter attends this school,however she will not be attending next year. Several things have happened at this school with my child and I was never informed.I was informed weeks later when my six year old daughter told me about it. This school is only interested in keeping there scores up so that they can stay in the number 1 percentile. Safety and other issues really don't matter.

There must have been some changes to this school since 2006 because I am always aware of everything going on regarding my daughter and this school. I can contact her teacher anytime. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable. Although my daughter is only in Kindergarten, everyone knows her name, and they greet her in a positive way. She had a problem at first in her new school, but the teacher and the school counselor worked with her, and now she loves school.

Last modified Northwestern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1