Zachary, LA

Northwestern Elementary School 5

Posted April 06, 2011
My daughter attended this school from pre-k to first grade and loved it. I also volunteered and worked as a sub in several classes and the spec ed class. I can say without hesitation that everyone on staff puts children first. Also they do strive for excellence but not at the cost of safety or to the point of putting stress on the kids. Everyone wants to teach in Zachary because its a great community and because of that we get the best teachers. I know lots of parents who are very happy with Zachary and I think anyone reading the comments below should know that it does not at all reflect the majority or is it true. Check out the web site or stop by and visit. www.zacharyschools.org

Northwestern Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
It is a great school and has very good teachers.

Northwestern Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2009
My daughter attends this school,however she will not be attending next year. Several things have happened at this school with my child and I was never informed.I was informed weeks later when my six year old daughter told me about it. This school is only interested in keeping there scores up so that they can stay in the number 1 percentile. Safety and other issues really don't matter.

Northwestern Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2009
There must have been some changes to this school since 2006 because I am always aware of everything going on regarding my daughter and this school. I can contact her teacher anytime. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable. Although my daughter is only in Kindergarten, everyone knows her name, and they greet her in a positive way. She had a problem at first in her new school, but the teacher and the school counselor worked with her, and now she loves school.

Northwestern Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2008

Northwestern Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2007

Northwestern Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2006
My children were enrolled in this school in 2005 and I ultimately had to make the decision to choose between my 'regular' ed child and my child with special needs. The school was wonderful for my daughter, the teachers were impressive and academically I was beyond impressed. For my son, with autism, the school was horrendous, the teachers seemed uneducated and uninterested, and the administration from principal to superintendent were smoke blowers... tell you what you want to hear with little action to follow. The school did not want parental involvement when it came to children with special needs and I should not have had to choose between my children.

Northwestern Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2006
The school is great academically but they (The entire school district) are more interested in academics and scores on tests than helping children succeed in life. The children are over stressed and the ones that need extra help are put on plans so their test scores don t count instead of working with the children.

Northwestern Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2006
this school has had numerous safety problems in the past 5 years. Children not reporting to class and teachers not notifying parent when there is an incident. there is no policy on when/if a parent should be contacted after an incident. My child will not return to this school. The school wants parent involvement but won't involve the parent in the childs' safety and education. Their words were ' kids are resilient'. Not my kid.

Northwestern Elementary School
4200 Rollins Road, Zachary, LA  70791
Last modified Northwestern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-1
Northwestern Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top