Zachary, LA
Students enrolled: 1,208

Northwestern Middle School 2

Posted November 18, 2014
Academically, this is a good school if your child is a smart from the get go. I agree with the parent that says if your child is on a 504/IEP (which is mandated by the federal gov't), they do not honor it at this school. I have witnessed the asst principle verbally abuse a child in my presence (luckily it wasnt mine). Children are punished from he/say/she say interviews and the student is never allowed to give their side of the story. My child is very intelligent and smart, but has a learning disability, therefore he needs a 504/IEP because every little thing that goes wrong is some how my child's fault. Please don't let the #1 school district fool you if you are not an advocate for your child your child will fall victim to the Zachary Community School System!!!!!

Northwestern Middle School 2

Posted July 15, 2014
After reading the other reviews, I speculate they were written by faculty. The school is not so great. If your child is academically gifted or profoundly disabled, it s a great school. If your child is somewhere in the middle, they will do ok. If your child has any type of learning disability, don t go there. For every 504 accommodation, you will have to hold their feet to the fire. There are some good and caring teachers, but the administration is uncaring and at times, verbally abusive. I know several families, including mine, which enrolled their child in private school for grades 6-8.

Posted September 15, 2009
Awesome school system! Great teachers, staff & students!

Posted April 26, 2009
I love this school it is very good in discipline and extracurricular activities I can't wait until next year

Posted April 19, 2009

Northwestern Middle School 0

Posted November 28, 2008
I am in the 8th grade at nms and it is great. All the teachers and staff are great and when you walk in the school your going to feel loved.The teachers treat you like their own and i love them.I reccomend you letting your children come to zachary community school they will be safe and loved!

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted May 28, 2008
I went to this school in 6th grade and I am now headed into 8th grade.I can tell you that this school was the best school in Louisiana and the teachers teach but in a fun way.They are able to do more extra activities because the disicpline at this school is great.As a formor student I can say this is a great school.

Posted September 06, 2007
My daughter is new to Northwestern Middle School, and I can tell already that I will love it. They offer a very diverse category of electives that stimulate skills and appeal to that age group. The rules are tough, but at this age group, I agree that discipline is needed. The teachers are concerned and knowledgeable, and take an interest in the students personally. Robin Sharpe

Posted June 01, 2007
Northwestern Middle School has high parent involvement, an incredible, devoted principal and faculty, and is continuing to improve its test scores each year. NWM had the highest 8th grade LEAP scores for all of the public schools in the state. The school itself is being slowly demolished and replaced with new facilities, which is an added benefit. We have been extremely impressed.

Northwestern Middle School
5200 East Central Avenue, Zachary, LA  70791
Last modified Northwestern Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwestern Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top