Posted August 25, 2013
Small town school with a handful of kids in each class room. The teacher are able to spend more time with each child. They see what areas the children s strengths or weaknesses are and can provide the children that are below average grade level, at or above grade level work in any area, math reading, science sports etc. the kind of work they can do. These kids do very well here. They also have great after school programs for all the kids to enjoy. They get a little bit exposure to many things. As well as many field trips. My grandchild has been doing above grade level work since moving here. This child was failing in the larger class room setting in MA. The teachers and the parent didn't know the talent for reading and math. Second grade the teacher saw that the child could slip into 3rd grade words, started reading 3rd grader books. We go to the library weekly. My grandchild s Math skills started to show up in grade 2. Then in grade 3 got the Algebra award, WOW! Reading at a four grade level. I see that the homework is done and push the reading. This bright child that would have fallen through the cracks if not for the move to this small town of Andover, Maine.

Posted March 11, 2013
The teachers and staff have so much enthusiasm and heart. Because the classrooms are small each student is given the individual attention they need and are being taught at their level. I also love that all the students know each other by name and look out for each other. I volunteer at the library monthly and the students are amazing .

Posted November 15, 2012
This school has an your home here feel to it. The teachers do a great job involving the parents. They have many activities during and after school.

Posted November 03, 2012
Andover school is wonderful. we have a small amount of students. Parents always willing to help . our school field trips can include all students,staff and parents welcomed. you feel very welcomed walking though the doors.Teacher are loving,warming to your child ,works with any needs.

Posted November 01, 2012
We are in general a small happy community, and this school is an integral part of that. The class sizes are small allowing for amazing amounts of one on one time and even some amount of tutoring tailored to the children as individuals. I feel more that my children are spending the day with friends and family than that they are being shipped off to an institution. I hear constant feedback from the school about how my childern are doing and if there is anything going on that we should be concerned with. The kids do all the usual stuff that kids do in school anywhere but they also do a ton of things that are unique to here like hiking field trips with the whole school. I'm sure everybody loves their own local school but the amount of care and cohesiveness in ours is amazing.

Andover Elementary School
85 Pine St, Andover, ME  04216
Last modified Andover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Andover Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top