Edward Little High School

Public | 9-12 | 991 students

Posted February 25, 2010

EL is really great. Well, other than the building which is just disgusting. But some of my more artistically talented classmates are working hard to paint the barren walls with colorful murals. The teachers are amazing.

Posted January 7, 2010

Great Teachers! Principal supports students & teachers ( but low discipline) Poor building. Great Arts programs & support for community service.

Posted January 7, 2010

Edward Little has excellent staff, supportive and wanting to affect the lives of the kids they teach. If a parent asks ???'s the teachers will be honest- if parents are willing to listen! The school board/ however is not supportive of the school and tends to think '3'R's' but kids today need a lot more. Parent's leave it up to teachers to discipline and care for their kid's- the school board needs to spend a 'day in the life.' I have 2 kid's that went there and as long as I asked questions I was kept in the loop. My kids worked very closely with their guidance counselors who bent over backwards to help them- but the kids had to take had to take the 1st step after the initial meeting with them- (level 5 classes a very good for college prep (ap) classes, but too much difference to level 4

Posted October 11, 2009

i am now attening community college after graduating from EL.. I do not feel like i have resived the education that i needed to do well in these classes. IMP did not prepare me for college math in anyway

Posted December 22, 2008

I'm a senior at EL and I've been going there for all four years, and it's actually changed me for the better. My Freshman year, i didn't have very good friends that influenced me not to care about school, and all my teachers urged me to think otherwise. It wasn't until last year, my Junior year, that I became familiar with after school activities in school, like Marching Band and the Art Club. I think the Music and Art department really get close you you (the students) and your parents as well. I know that the band teacher will constantly check your grades, and if your failing a class, she notifies you. I'm not saying that all teachers are as caring as they are, I'm just stating the fact that there are caring teachers here, and if your looking for them, all you have to do is be adventurous.

Posted April 14, 2008

I am a parent of two children who attend ELHS. I also was a student many years ago. I consider myself to be very involved and supportive to my children. The problem I have with the school is the lack of looking at children as individuals. I feel that their are alot of problemed teens with no family life and this has caused a tired school system. Alot of teachers look at the children as a problem until a family members speaks up. At that time they might then see the whole student. I also feel more good teaching would be nice. Less movie watching, less substitutes, more willingness from teachers to be available after class times.

Posted March 31, 2008

I have to disagree with the review made by a former student (Feb 9th). Most teachers are really nice and caring and the reviewer must have been a pain in the neck if he/she got that kind of treatment. EL could be a better school if only parents were more involved and supportive. Many times I have witnessed parents being unreasonable and demanding special treatment for their kids just because. Most of the outrageous demands come from the parents with the worst kids! Unbelieveable.

Posted September 11, 2007

Edward little is an ok school, as a student my views will be a little diffrent. But i also belive, that i really do see things as they are, the school is a good place to be, we have a lot of activitys, and most of the teacer do care about there student.

Posted August 19, 2007

Edward Little is a very good school, the teachers seem to really care about the students.

Posted May 24, 2006

Our daughter is presently attending EL. She is LD and has ADHD. I agree with many of the parents when they say that you need to be involved. Only when I became very involved did she benefit from her education. But I also feel, as a teacher myself, that every parent needs to be involved. If you are not involved and your child is struggling, it is your own fault. EL teachers have always been very willing to talk and figure out problems she has had. She struggled in her freshman year as she was tuitioned in from a small town and did not know anyone. The special education dept. helped her greatly with this troubling time. Her guidence counsler has also been wonderful. I would recommend this school to anyone. Stay involved in your childs education no matter what school you send them to.

Posted February 9, 2006

Edward Little is an horrible school. the teachers there have very little respect for students. The text books are old and not updated at all.

Posted March 18, 2005

I am a past student from EL and I graduated 2000. I am originally from Germany and I loved that school so much. The availabilty of all kind of extracurricular activities is just great. Teachers are very friendly and everyone always had time to help if there was a problem somewhere. Level of parent involvement is also good. Because if parents are really interested in what there kids are doing they will have the chance to live throught High-SChool with their kids.

Posted August 3, 2004

I am a past student of Edward Little High and I enjoyed my experiences there, as well as other Auburn schools. The work was challenging and I usually felt like my teachers really cared. I would encourage anyone in this area to attend.

Posted March 3, 2004

I have had three children attend Edward Little and two have graduated already. Edward Little has an excellent accelerated program with 8 AP courses and many more honors courses. Qualified students are also able to take courses at Bates College as well as a Syracuse University english course. For the most part we found teachers competent and stimulating to the students. Obviously there are always exceptions. Our children went on to Ivy League colleges.

Posted April 30, 2003

A large school in a mill town area. Our son struggled because it was too disciplined. The gifted program is not very good and outdated. The principal was very helpful and supportive. You can get good teachers if you get involved! Go straight to the principal for help! Not a liberal-thinking school... Our son took college classes and did great! he also went on to an excellent college....but as parents we did all of the work ourself!

Grade level

Critical Reading

The state average for Critical Reading was 49% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 48% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

209 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 43% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or above

In 2012-2013 Maine used the Maine High School Assessment (MHSA) to test students in grade 11 in critical reading, math, writing and science. The results reported show how well students are mastering state standards, specific skills defined by the state of Maine. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Maine Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 3%N/A43%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

77 Harris St