Auburn, ME

Edward Little High School 4

Posted February 25, 2010
EL is really great. Well, other than the building which is just disgusting. But some of my more artistically talented classmates are working hard to paint the barren walls with colorful murals. The teachers are amazing.

Posted January 07, 2010
Great Teachers! Principal supports students & teachers ( but low discipline) Poor building. Great Arts programs & support for community service.

Posted January 07, 2010
Edward Little has excellent staff, supportive and wanting to affect the lives of the kids they teach. If a parent asks ???'s the teachers will be honest- if parents are willing to listen! The school board/ however is not supportive of the school and tends to think '3'R's' but kids today need a lot more. Parent's leave it up to teachers to discipline and care for their kid's- the school board needs to spend a 'day in the life.' I have 2 kid's that went there and as long as I asked questions I was kept in the loop. My kids worked very closely with their guidance counselors who bent over backwards to help them- but the kids had to take had to take the 1st step after the initial meeting with them- (level 5 classes a very good for college prep (ap) classes, but too much difference to level 4

Posted October 11, 2009
i am now attening community college after graduating from EL.. I do not feel like i have resived the education that i needed to do well in these classes. IMP did not prepare me for college math in anyway

Posted December 22, 2008
I'm a senior at EL and I've been going there for all four years, and it's actually changed me for the better. My Freshman year, i didn't have very good friends that influenced me not to care about school, and all my teachers urged me to think otherwise. It wasn't until last year, my Junior year, that I became familiar with after school activities in school, like Marching Band and the Art Club. I think the Music and Art department really get close you you (the students) and your parents as well. I know that the band teacher will constantly check your grades, and if your failing a class, she notifies you. I'm not saying that all teachers are as caring as they are, I'm just stating the fact that there are caring teachers here, and if your looking for them, all you have to do is be adventurous.

Edward Little High School 2

Posted April 14, 2008
I am a parent of two children who attend ELHS. I also was a student many years ago. I consider myself to be very involved and supportive to my children. The problem I have with the school is the lack of looking at children as individuals. I feel that their are alot of problemed teens with no family life and this has caused a tired school system. Alot of teachers look at the children as a problem until a family members speaks up. At that time they might then see the whole student. I also feel more good teaching would be nice. Less movie watching, less substitutes, more willingness from teachers to be available after class times.

Edward Little High School 4

Posted March 31, 2008
I have to disagree with the review made by a former student (Feb 9th). Most teachers are really nice and caring and the reviewer must have been a pain in the neck if he/she got that kind of treatment. EL could be a better school if only parents were more involved and supportive. Many times I have witnessed parents being unreasonable and demanding special treatment for their kids just because. Most of the outrageous demands come from the parents with the worst kids! Unbelieveable.

Edward Little High School 3

Posted September 11, 2007
Edward little is an ok school, as a student my views will be a little diffrent. But i also belive, that i really do see things as they are, the school is a good place to be, we have a lot of activitys, and most of the teacer do care about there student.

Posted August 19, 2007
Edward Little is a very good school, the teachers seem to really care about the students.

Edward Little High School 3

Posted May 24, 2006
Our daughter is presently attending EL. She is LD and has ADHD. I agree with many of the parents when they say that you need to be involved. Only when I became very involved did she benefit from her education. But I also feel, as a teacher myself, that every parent needs to be involved. If you are not involved and your child is struggling, it is your own fault. EL teachers have always been very willing to talk and figure out problems she has had. She struggled in her freshman year as she was tuitioned in from a small town and did not know anyone. The special education dept. helped her greatly with this troubling time. Her guidence counsler has also been wonderful. I would recommend this school to anyone. Stay involved in your childs education no matter what school you send them to.

77 Harris St, Auburn, ME  04210
Last modified Edward Little High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward Little High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top