Auburn, ME

Fairview School 3

Posted February 23, 2010
While the math program seems progressive and innovative, there are other areas falling short of expectation at the school. Communication with parents is not a strong suit. My child is involved in Enrichment and continually comes home without any homework or completes it while he is at school. His grades are better than average, so he is not really encouraged to aim higher. Average is the best description for this school in my opinion.

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 31, 2009
My son attends Fairview, he is disabled so gets 1-on-1, he has come a long way in learning, a lot further than i ever though he would and this is only his 2nd year here. I moved to this area for this school and so glad with my choices, some teachers make it very easy to communicate with as others make it difficult,but my son is progressing and that is what is most important....

Posted March 03, 2009
I am very happy with Fairview school. I currently have 2 children attending in K and 1st grade and in a few years will have another child entering school. I feel the teachers are very open and communication has been very good. I wish budgets allowed for upgrades in some areas but I feel the school works well with the resources they are given. I think the school has a strong PTO and only wish more parents would become involved. There is a lot a good PTO can offer the school but participation needs to be greater. My Children are very happy there and I look forward to many years being a Fariview parent.

Fairview School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I think this school does a very nice job with the resources it has and I am very happy with the education my daughter has received there. She is happy, doing well, and has nice friends, teachers and staff. I do wish that some of the areas of the school could be updated but understand that budget cuts are every where. Overall I am satisfied.

Fairview School 3

Posted February 12, 2008

Posted November 29, 2007
Although, I am still very happy with the quality of education at Fairview, I'm finding that Fairview is becoming less student friendly. I have concerns about some of the policies in place. Some of them affect school lunch time, free time, and class structure. I am also finding that 'no child left behind' and state regs are changing the way lessons are taught and wonder how effective they really are.

Posted October 06, 2007
I could not disagree more with the previous comment. I have children that attend Fairview, one in kindergarten and the other in third grade. We have only positive experiences with the school. The children are allowed to participate in any activities they wish at recess since it is not harmful to them or others. The teaching staff is organized and professional. They work in teams to provide the most diverse and effective techniques for educating the students. All while working within the guidelines dictated through government policy. We have friends that do not live in the Fairview district. Some of them pay a significant amount to send their children to private school. All of them are extremely envious of the educational environment that our children enjoy. If someone has an issue with anything that occurs at Fairview, I suggest they contact the administration. Teachers and administration at Fairview are very accessible and more than willing to discuss any issues that come up.

Fairview School 1

Posted October 05, 2007
The school is all about authoritarianism and really blocks the mental stimulation needed for child development. They even dictate what childhood games are allowed at recess.

Posted April 10, 2005
They work with the kids and have a lot of family activities. Parents are welcome to help with what ever they can. The teachers are great with making sure the kids don't fall behind. I had my 5th grader transfer this year and a kindergartener start here and they both love going to school and get lots of help with what ever it is they need. This is a small school but this is what makes it so great because there is more involvement with the teachers and parents, and the kids are the number 1 concern.

Fairview School
397 Minot Ave, Auburn, ME  04210
Last modified Fairview School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top