Saint Dominic Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2014
St. Dom's provides the firm structure and small class size that our son needs in order to be successful with his academics. He would (and did) fall thru the cracks in public school. Teachers are conscientious and attentive to his needs. Sport teams have good coaching. Bottom line, Catholic or not, a great place to send your kid !

Posted August 24, 2012
Saint Dom's is a great educational facility where students can not only learn academically, but they can grow both physically and spiritually. I would recommend Saint Dom's to any family (Catholic or not) as they have provided a great service to my family over the years.

Posted June 02, 2009
The family of St. Dom's provides a great learning envirnoment for teens. Moreover, they do teach religions, of the world, with an emphasis on Christianity. Secondly, they teach US history and promote community service and involvment. We could use more civics classes but, all in all, this is a great school. In Auburn, Maine it is the predominant high school!

Posted June 21, 2008
I loved st. doms, if you had a problem the teachers were there to talk to you about it and help you. But given one of the teachers was a drug adict, it was hard to learn in that class, but the school all and all was amazing

Saint Dominic Academy 3

Posted November 02, 2006
I just graduated from Saint Dom's last year. Although it has a great educational environment, I question their motives and concerns for the students. I agree with a below comment in that the image of the school is more important than the students. As a senior, we hardly got any fun activities.

Posted March 27, 2006
I am both a teacher and a parent of two St. Dom's graduates. I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best schools I have had an oportunity to be involved with. The staff and faculty are highly qualified and very dedicated to each student. The students are the best and it is a joy to teach everyday. The facility and grounds are outstanding. Both my boys who are now out of college and on their own have benifited from their days at St. Doms. My oldest son went on to Columbia University and did very well there with the foundation that St. Doms provided. My youngest son went on to Fairfield University and also has benifited form the foundation that he had at St. Doms.

Posted January 15, 2006
I am a student at St. Dom's and I think this school is a great choice! The teachers are awesome and Mr. Welsh is the greatest man alive. I love it. As for the parents who have something to say about our great school, how about you try it out first you morons. Overall, great academic environment and great people.

Saint Dominic Academy 4

Posted August 26, 2003
St. Doms's is a highly liberal Catholic high school, which in all honesty makes the education that much better. Unlike the sterotypical Catholic schools, St. Dom's provides students with a high level of social and personal independence while never jeopardizing their safeties or the values of the Catholic church. Its strong hockey program brings in young men from all over the northeast and Canada, and their extremely low tuition, deep commitment of the staff, and successful clubs and academic teams keeps the school a highly respected one in the area. St. Dom's is a great choice for children with high intelligence who need a challenge or children who need a little extra assistance. No matter what, there is always someone there to help. The school does have a regular Mass on Wednsdays, but is understanding to the fact that about half of the students are not Catholic. They do require dress-code, but no uniforms, and the staff is made up on about two Religious. Like I said before, the school is highly liberal for a private school, and it does allow for a lot of artistic and creative freedoms to it's students.

Saint Dominic Academy
121 Gracelawn Rd, Auburn, ME  04210
Last modified Saint Dominic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Saint Dominic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top