Posted May 31, 2013
My grandchildren go to school at the Glenburn School and they are very good to the kids there. Nada, who works in the office is very attentive to the children. She is from our same home town and she knows my kids and my kids kids. Her daughter went to schoo with my daughter and so Nada always looks out for the kids and checks on them if anything is wrong or they have forgotten something they needed. She is great and makes me feel like my grandchildren are safe in this school.

Posted September 05, 2011
Great School! Wonderful! The teachers and the staff are so good with the kids! Wonderful School!

Posted August 12, 2010
Having had kids in this school system for the last 9 years and 5 more years to come we have been very pleased with the education they have received. Very attentive staff to all the kids needs. If a student needs help there are many channels in place for them to get the best options for them. Staff goes above and beyond to stay and help the Middle School kids and the pride in the school shows! Many school groups and sports to be involved with as well such as Chess Team, Track, CRT and Art Club and Destination Imagination. Parental involvement is highly welcomed and can be seen each year in all the functions such as the annual spring field days. Great small school enviroment!

Glenburn Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2010
There are not as many kids making the honor roll as I would like to see. For example for the yr. 2009/2010 out of approximately 40 kids in the 7th grade, only around 8 of them actually made the honor roll with A's and B's.

Glenburn Elementary School 2

Posted February 18, 2010
I really think there are several things this school needs to work on. The students are not treated fairly, some are favorited, and some are left out. The students that are having issues are also not having their needs be met.

Posted May 27, 2008
My children have been in the Glenburn School System and our experience has been a very positive one. The high quality teachers and the low child to teacher ratios have truly afforded them an excellent education. The high academic standards they set, the creative ways they present the material, their emphasis on learning across both the home and school environments and their overall team approach are to be applauded. As a parent I feel informed about my children's learning strengths and areas for development. I feel like toe teachers are genuinely interested in my child's academis, social and emotional. I would highly recommend the Glenburn Schoool to parents that are considering a public school education for their children. Keep up the good work--As parents, my husband & I rtuly appreciate all you do!

Glenburn Elementary School 0

Posted December 29, 2007
Both of my children our new the glenburn school and we and the children have enjoyed the new school and like it better then there old school. my son is in the 3rd grade and finally he is being changelled. My daughter is in K and she also is being more changelled then she was. The staff is so friendly and i am very glad that they have the after school program there as well for working parents such as my self. Thank you

Posted July 30, 2007

Posted April 22, 2006
The Glenburn School has an outstanding veteran faculty dedicated to best practices for students. I have always been impressed with the daily team work I see among the staff. Low student-teacher ratios mean that every student gets the nurturing attention he needs. I'd start all over again at the Glenburn School without question.

Posted January 19, 2005
My son requires extra help with his studies due to a learning disability. I have found that the teaches that he has had from K to 4th grade are wonderful. They care about him and are always willing to help him with any project that he needs. I feel that this new 'no child left behind' rule has hurt the teachers more than it has helped them. They study items that would not be a part of the regular course. About people sending their children to private schools.. it's their choice. They are the ones that have driven up our tax's by moving to Glenburn because the children can go to any high school they want. If you want to go to a certain school move to that town.

Glenburn Elementary School
991 Hudson Road, Bangor, ME  04401
Last modified Glenburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8
Glenburn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top