Bangor High School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is pathetic. My kids have been in schools all over the world, and this by far is the worst. The administrators in the school do not lead, and do not encourage creativity and original thought. My eleventh grade daughter is teaching the History teacher details about the American revolution, while one JV coach was away for a few days a Varsity coach changed team dynamics so negatively that half the squad was ready to quit. The principal chooses to blame students and condemn their behavior when upset over decisions by his staff, rather than admit that poor decisions are being made by his staff. My three kids have attended schools in nine different states and Bangor High School is by far the worst.

Bangor High School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
As a parent of a student with medical issues, this school maybe great academically, but, i am highly disappointed. Lack of staff returnimg emails and phone calls and hearing them say they have the resources my child needs, yet, i have heard too many times "sorry, I dropped the ball" I'm done. I feel like my child is falling through the cracks. So, i will be pulling my child out of this school and transfer her to another one where there are less students and less staff and hopefully people who remember enough to care. I'm highly disappointed and am done chasing the staff around. It's apparent to me they're not on the same page as me, so, I will find a school that is willing to be.

Posted June 20, 2012
Bangor High School is a progressive and compassionate school that has consistently shown high standards and varied education offering for a varied class of students. Bangor and Maine comprises a unique compliment of young adults - some who will aspire to college out of state, some for in-state college, some for vocational college and some for whom high school will be the last step in their educational process. The school has always understood this unique blend and offered core, advanced and vocational courses that allow the entire spectrum of students to be fulfilled. I also personally know many of the teachers and administrators and have found them to be exceptionally compassionate and genuinely interested in their students and their potential.

Bangor High School 1

Posted February 11, 2012
Terrible school, it taught me nothing when I went on to college. When I was attending there I thought that it was great but looking back at it now and have experienced great teachers, classes, and environment at Cornell U, the teachers at BHS were bad and the atmosphere was terrible and it didn't teach me anything about life and the work field after graduating.

Posted July 05, 2011
I am the parent of 2 daughters, and I have nothing but positive things to say about Bangor High. There are lots of ways for kids to be involved, whether in arts, academics or sports. My girls had many teachers who truly made a difference in their lives. We are moving and very sad to leave this school!

Bangor High School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
I believe Bangor High school is a great school for anyone to attend it has many different classes for all kinds of students whether they need to be challenged or whether they need a little help along the way however I have noticed that unless you bring it to the schools attention they will not even check to see if your child has a 504 plan. I believe that this school is relatively bully free except for the occasional name calling which I happen to be fighting against with the schools civil rights team.

Posted March 11, 2010
I love bangor high school! i wish i was still there!

Bangor High School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
I work there,and the faculty and staff are very professional and sincerely care for each and every student. We work hard to make sure our students have everything they need to learn and function in society. I work with special needs adolescents and spend a lot of time caregiving, encouraging, and supporting them as they become adults. It is one of the most rewarding jobs I can think of because they absolutely thrive in a caring environment. The give back so much love, trust,and respect as they strive to meet their goals and improve their lives. They each have gifts that they share with us, and each day they show so much appreciation for the little things in life that I take for granted. I feel lucky to be a member of the staff here at Bangor High School.

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted February 14, 2009

Bangor High School
885 Broadway, Bangor, ME  04401
Last modified Bangor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bangor High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top