Bad
Good

This school just keeps getting better and better. They are really caring and work hard with the children.

DownEast Elementary is a school that is going through transition with the entry of Mr. Fournier but the problem is when there is no money to invest in the school, then there are no programs to help the kids. There are no afterschool activities, no fieldtrips and for elementary children, this is very important to mental and physical health. I see a lot of five stars and I might have rated it higher but since we have removed our child from the school, their new school is focused on investing in the child with after school activities and field trips around to learn about the community and excite the kids. On a positive note, Mrs. Sacchariccia (Spelling but Kindergarten teacher) was phenomenal to work with what she has to nurture the kids but also be a stricter influence on the kids when they needed it. Hats off to Mr. Fournier for coming in and working with nothing to bring a sense of normalcy and discipline to the school but it is really difficult to turn a schoola round when you don't have the funds to do so.

I absolutely loved this school when I attended eleven years ago, I could always trust in the teachers and staff to help me understand what they were teaching and if anyone needed extra help the teachers would spend extra one-on-one time with you until you completely understood the curriculum. I would suggest your child go to this school.

In 1960 I was in the 4th grade when the school was called Capart Elem. My teacher instilled a strong sense of values and love of books. In college I majored in English partly because of my experience there. I still consider it a major part of my education and smile when I think of those times, my friends there and my wonderful teacher.

My child has attened this school for three years and i'm very impressed with their quality of teaching and caring for the students!

Last modified Downeast School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.