Posted December 27, 2012
Quality teachers and professional adminstrators who care about the students makes BC a blessing for our children to attend.

Bangor Christian Schools 2

Posted October 11, 2012
My child attended this school up until the end of 7th grade when I had to take him out of the school because of inappropriate behavior on the part of the middle school teachers. My child would daily tell me hurtful things that had been said to students or the manner in which teachers singled out certain students for discipline. We had a mostly decent experience up until that point with a few exceptions (like school to parent communications) but it seemed that certain staff had decided ahead of time that a group of children were "bad apples" and treated them so year after year. I will say that the principal had been very receptive to hearing my reasons for pulling my child out of the school and I believe she genuinely wanted to see the issue fixed. At least one teacher was not rehired but another teacher that has been on staff for a long time is still there and the efforts to mend the hearts of the teachers seems to be lacking. I think most of the teachers there have a heart for God but some seem to be legalistic in their approach and judgemental in their actions. Certainly the pay they receive does not attract teachers of a higher technical caliber.

Posted February 15, 2008
Yes, of course most students at BCS are white. We live in Maine. However, non-white students have been very welcome in the past and are now. Many foreign exchange students have attended the school.

Bangor Christian Schools 4

Posted November 04, 2007
I agree with yvette, almost everone at the school is white. The students here a very welcoming, though. School gets out about a week or two eearlier than the public schools in the area.

Posted May 27, 2006
The strongest asset at this school is the across the board exceptional quality of the teachers. The weak point of this school is the lack of diversity in the student body. This is perhaps not unique to the area, the state of maine being 97% white.

Posted August 19, 2003

Bangor Christian Schools
1476 Broadway, Bangor, ME  04401
Last modified Bangor Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Bangor Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top