Bangor, ME

Posted July 17, 2013
Our son started K there this past year. We were enveloped in the school "community" and appreciated the parental involvement at all levels, access to teachers and support staff as parents. Our son THRIVED in his class which had a great student-to-teacher ratio where she was able to work directly with each child and tailor each day to the student. We were very impressed with the knowledge, skills and scores that really seemed to give kids a upper hand when heading to high school when interviewing families and past students. VERY happy to have found PCS.

Penobscot Christian School 4

Posted March 26, 2013
This school has always had low student-to-teacher ratios, which benefits the kids that attend. There is one teacher that has been trained by the NILD (National Institute for Learning Development) to assist students with diagnosed processing weakness or learning disabilities, although she is primarily a classroom teacher at this time. Still, her skills have benefitted many students over the last several years, and the school is stronger for it. If you want a school where parents have more say in their children's education than anywhere else but homeschooling, this is the school to consider for PreK-8th grade.

Posted January 12, 2012
Since movingto Maine from New York five and a half years ago, my children have attended P.C.S. What I have found there is that the teachers as well as the Headmaster take a genuine interest in caring for, and teaching the children. The school while Christian, does not lag behind in education. In fact, I think that what they teach at P.C.S. if far more than any public school does. Not only are the classes small, but from what I have experienced, most of the students have a very positive attitude and take pride in what and how they learn. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a high quality education for their children or grandchildren.

Penobscot Christian School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Very good school, children are taught that being a bully is not fun and its not 'cool': Teachers are wonderful there.

Posted November 17, 2004
We have sent all four of our children to Penobscot Christian and have been very satisfied. The teachers are very talented and foster an atmospehere of Christian care and compassion. I've always been impressed with the extra emphasis on teaching kids how to deal with conflict, to show love and respect to their class mates and to their teachers, and to live out the Gospel in practical ways. They have all been properly prepared for high school and with the school's small size, sports participation has always afforded easy access. In my opinion, it is the best school in our area for K-8 training and education.

Posted June 16, 2004
It is a privilege to be able to tell you about this wonderful school. Penobscot Christian School offers my children a safe, nurturing environment to receive an excellent academic education. The small classroom sizes have benefited my children greatly. Penobscot Christian School also offers my children a biblically sound environment, enabling them to grow in the love and admonition of the Lord. Each member of the staff and faculty have only the best interest of the students at heart. They truly see their work at Penobscot Christian School as a ministry, making it possible for their students to receive superior academic and spiritual training. I would reccomend this unique and precious school to any family who desires to implement an extention of their own Christian family into the lives of their children, fulfilling their responsiblilty to provide a biblically-based, Christ-centered educational program characterized by academic excellence.

Posted June 14, 2004
- a former student
For parents who want Christian education that is an extension of the home, PCS is the school to check out! Nondenominational, God-centered, academically excellent, nurturing a biblical view of man and the world, teaching children to love Jesus Christ--PCS did that for me as a student way back in its earliest years, 1980-1984. It is still doing that today. PCS is a parent-sponsored school, and school's fortunes rise and fall as parents take (or fail to take) ownership of the school by fulfilling their responsibilities within it. Certified teachers use parent helpers for reading groups and one-on-one tutoring. Other parents serve hot lunch, drive for field trips, help clean the school, mow the lawn, and so much more. As a former student, and the current headmaster, I cannot recommend PCS more highly than I do here. We are Christian education for the children of Christian parents. Come join us!

Penobscot Christian School
1423 Ohio Street, Bangor, ME  04401
Last modified Penobscot Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Penobscot Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top