Bad
Good

Great school in a beautiful town that is on the rise. Teachers involved in the community and students feel like school is an extended family.

Morse High School does an exceedingly well job at educating students from a wide range of varieties. As there are many courses to choose from, Morse is what you make of it. If you're willing to put in the effort, the great teachers and community members of Morse will be there to support you all the way. Morse excels in educating students in a way that is useful in everyday life and more importantly, a life after high school. With programs like, JMG(jobs for Maine graduates) students who don't plan on college can have a productive adult life after they get their diplomas. There are many rumors about Morse being a terrible school, but that's only true if you're a terrible student. Let's go blue and white!

My academically motivated daughter has been challenged at Morse. The AP courses are taught by exceptional teachers in small class size settings. As the community prepares to build a new high school for future students, this is an exciting time to live in Bath. The pride of this school will carry over into a new building, creating future learners with an amazing education in a state of the art environment.

I am a proud Morse graduate and look forward to both of my children graduating and becoming members of the greatest alumni association in the nation. And it looks like we will be getting a new building not in the too distance future. I know that Brunswick realtors actively try to discourage people from looking at home in Bath because of the schools. Don't believe them. Bath has a soul and a realness that offers a genuine life experience.

I come from the Morse tradition, bleeding blue, generations before me graduated from this family-like school. I tended to be a wallflower at school, but still felt like I belonged on those walls. I played Varsity sports, participated in drama productions, did average in my AP classes, and went on to earn a degree with high honors. School is what you make it; the teachers and staff at Morse provide the fertile learning environment that a school should be. Everything else is up to the student and their home support. Teachers aren't responsible for making kids and parents happy, but as a student at Morse, I always felt like they stimulated our minds and hearts to do better, be better. As a parent myself now, I know we can't blame a school for parenting or personal failures. Morse is the kind of school that graduates well-rounded, community-minded students. Who cares about test scores or the Great School number grade?

The level of bullying at MHS has increased alarmingly in the recent years and test scores are declining at a disturbing rate. The teachers and staff remain caring but leadership seems to be struggling. I attended MHS, as did my spouse, siblings, parents and children and the subtle drift from the spirit of the past is noteworthy.

Chorus and drama club needs a little TLC

amazing. amazing. so proud to have two children attending school at Morse High.

I go to this school, this being my first FULL year at Morse. Compared to my old school nearby, Morse seems to be more of a family then of a school. Everyone is friends with each other, the drama happens much less, and everyone seems to enjoy it very much. Morse interacts with the town, and helps the town and the town offers jobs to students and trusts us enough to help them out. I have heard the drop out rate has decreased and the principal is MUCH better. Plus the assemblies are so much better than my old school. Morse is a family, my new family and I feel like I'm at home.

I think this school is headed in the right direction. The principal is making a big difference, and over time I think the academics will improve. There are some very good teachers, and some really ineffective ones. The school could be doing more to figure out how to motivate the underachievers. Unfortunately the sports program continues to be the old school, good old boys network, with politics and who you know being the most important factor in some programs.

Last modified Morse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.