Bath, ME

Posted October 05, 2014
I come from the Morse tradition, bleeding blue, generations before me graduated from this family-like school. I tended to be a wallflower at school, but still felt like I belonged on those walls. I played Varsity sports, participated in drama productions, did average in my AP classes, and went on to earn a degree with high honors. School is what you make it; the teachers and staff at Morse provide the fertile learning environment that a school should be. Everything else is up to the student and their home support. Teachers aren't responsible for making kids and parents happy, but as a student at Morse, I always felt like they stimulated our minds and hearts to do better, be better. As a parent myself now, I know we can't blame a school for parenting or personal failures. Morse is the kind of school that graduates well-rounded, community-minded students. Who cares about test scores or the Great School number grade?

Morse High School 3

Posted November 05, 2010
The level of bullying at MHS has increased alarmingly in the recent years and test scores are declining at a disturbing rate. The teachers and staff remain caring but leadership seems to be struggling. I attended MHS, as did my spouse, siblings, parents and children and the subtle drift from the spirit of the past is noteworthy.

Morse High School 0

Posted October 17, 2010
Chorus and drama club needs a little TLC

Posted June 29, 2009
amazing. amazing. so proud to have two children attending school at Morse High.

Morse High School 4

Posted June 10, 2009
I go to this school, this being my first FULL year at Morse. Compared to my old school nearby, Morse seems to be more of a family then of a school. Everyone is friends with each other, the drama happens much less, and everyone seems to enjoy it very much. Morse interacts with the town, and helps the town and the town offers jobs to students and trusts us enough to help them out. I have heard the drop out rate has decreased and the principal is MUCH better. Plus the assemblies are so much better than my old school. Morse is a family, my new family and I feel like I'm at home.

Morse High School 3

Posted April 29, 2009
I think this school is headed in the right direction. The principal is making a big difference, and over time I think the academics will improve. There are some very good teachers, and some really ineffective ones. The school could be doing more to figure out how to motivate the underachievers. Unfortunately the sports program continues to be the old school, good old boys network, with politics and who you know being the most important factor in some programs.

Posted February 10, 2009
Morse is my home. This is a school full of tradition. The teachers are top of the line and are set on one goal Produce the best possible education for the over 700-800 students. We take pride in our many extra curricular programs. Many Programs like Stage Crew, Drama, Mixed Choir, Jazz Band and combo, Amnesty International, Interact Club, All major Sports. We thrive off these activities placing over 50% of our students active. In the last 4 years the teachers here at Morse have taken the drop out rate down to very low figures. Thus helping students who are near failure turn their life around, and some even taking classes at community colleges. Morse does so much for their students and the communities surround. Morse is my home. My family.

Posted February 06, 2009
Morse High School has always been a good school, but it has become a great school with the most recent administration. The total climate of the school has changed. The new principal lives in Bath, and he is a very visible presence. He attends almost every sporting event; he visits classrooms; he walks the hallways and interacts with the students. Since his coming, Morse has added four AP classes and plans on adding three more next year. The students are happier, the teachers are great. Overall, I couldn't be happier with Morse. My freshman daughter is doing great, and her principal is her advisor as well!

Morse High School 4

Posted January 29, 2009
I am a graduate of Morse High School. I graduated in '06. I stumbled upon this website. True: Morse is lacking in some areas. For example, funds are poorly appropriated, and there are few AP classes (although recently this has begun to change). However, I survived the experience. I also had some of the best teachers during my 4 year stay at Morse who I have even contacted after graduation. For the most part, the teachers at this school are genuinely interested in the students well-being. Nevertheless, there seemed to be a high level of dropouts and I often felt that students who found school easy were not encouraged to push themselves further . Also, the sciences are not emphasized. My physics class was a joke! My teacher used to play the mandolin during class. Thankfully, this is not typical. In fact, the teachers are the reason this school deserves 4-stars.

Morse High School 0

Posted November 21, 2008
I just read the review from February 225 and now it's three years later and nothing has changed. Once your child makes a mistake it stays with them through their entire high school career. No forgiveness or innnocent until proven guilty. I think the A/D is very arrogant and does not communicate well with the community, he does of course communicate well with the teenage girls he's around all day. I do find Morse has many supportive teachers now but some of the tenured teachers don't seem to care. I think if you get into trouble during high school, they would rather see you drop out than attempt to help you succedd.

Morse High School
826 High St, Bath, ME  04530
Last modified Morse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morse High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top