Bath, ME

Hyde School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
My son graduated from Hyde in May after 2 years and we were very satisfied with the level of academic rigor, character development and family engagement. He thrived in the structure, we are all challenged to learn and grow and are better humans as a result of all the support, challenge and learning at Hyde. It takes a special school to focus on attitude as much as aptitude and to really challenge all involved to be their best in mind and spirit. I am eternally grateful to Hyde and know my son was able to find himself and actualize his unique potential as a result. After looking at many boarding schools that only focus on image and ignore the whole child we were so happy to find Hyde.

Hyde School 1

Posted August 03, 2012
Do not believe the hype. Absolutely the worst place to send your kids. If you wish to be brainwashed and forced to comply to a strangers (with little to no credentials I might add) standards, want to totally distance yourself from your loved one and allow some yuppie salesmen to fleece your bank account... "that place" will do it for ya!!!

Posted July 15, 2011
Although our son was the student at Hyde, my husband and I came away from the experience with a completely different perspective of our our own lives. Our son received an excellent academic education that propelled him into college, but the lifelong principles of character, curiosity, courage, integrity and leadership are what we see on a daily basis. These principles are modeled at Hyde in EVERY aspect of the school, EVERY day. A good kid that could really be great, he was (and still is, even though he's in college) supported and challenged by teachers that truly believed in his best. This is not an easy task. Our son came to Hyde after many years of complacency in our lives. The work of building a life takes time and committment. Hyde was committed to our family from day 1. I often read in the newspaper about kids making choices and parents looking the other way. You only get once shot to do this the right way. I'm so glad our family found Hyde School. We know our son has the tools he needs on his journey and our family has the connection we had hoped to have. I highly recommend Hyde School to all families!

Hyde School 2

Posted April 12, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009

Hyde School 4

Posted February 20, 2009

Posted October 18, 2007
This school builds character and responsibility into its students, something that is sorely lacking in public and even many private schools. The dedication of the teachers to the students is inspiring. You and your child will come away having experienced something truly unique that will stay with you throughout your life.

Posted August 01, 2007
- a former student

Posted November 29, 2006
- a former student
I attended this school myself and it changed my life. I am stronger, smatter and a better person because of Hyde. I will be sending my daughter when she is ready to enter high school.

Posted January 20, 2006
The best school for both yg men and women that are in need of character development or love the outdoors I have ever seen. Excellent program and great staff. Very impressive.

Hyde School