9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The character culture and academic support for my son as well as community for me is priceless. I am very grateful for the Hyde process.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Because it's such a tight community and all the teachers know my son, his strengths and weakness are addressed.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the homework and the homework support is reasonable. Homework is a challenge for my son. Mostly in organizing his time and focus but also just handing it in! It's clear the teachers care and help him organize his time to meet deadlines. His grades have been improving.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son has basic integrity. But, as the world is now there are distractions and temptations. He has gone off the rails a few times. The faculty knows him well and is right there with him. There are many conversations and there is accountability (shoveling snow.) I can see that this is building an inner strength and understanding of right and wrong, even compassion.

Remarkable school that helps students achieve their unique potential. The school works with both students and families to better understand themselves, develop strengths and succeed in a complex world. As our son grows older his appreciation for his Hyde experience becomes more clear. He and we greatly benefited from Hyde's character-building foundation. All of us are grateful to Hyde's wonderful faculty and staff and are proud to have had the opportunity to spend 3 years with Hyde.

An excellent school for families in crisis. There is a demanding academic curriculum, with participation in sports, performing arts, and community service required. My child became captain of the cross-country team and was accepted to her top choice college. Still more important, she benefited from Hyde's character-building curriculum--gaining the self-discipline, courage, and confidence she needs to succeed as an independent adult. Hyde's family education program brought the two of us closer together and strengthened our bond, taught me the skills I needed to parent more effectively, and encouraged me to make meaningful changes in my own life--for which I am very grateful. Fantastic faculty and staff. I'm proud to be a Hyde alumni parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Hyde's family education program brings parents into close contact with teachers, staff, coaches, etc. I've found them uniformly excellent and inspirational--almost everyone who works at Hyde lives on campus and takes at least some daily meals with students in the dining hall. The children of fac/staff with kids attend Hyde, too. As a parent, I feel most strongly about who is interacting with and influencing my child--and the Hyde team makes me feel great in this regard.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are given a reasonable amount of homework and a reasonable amount of time to complete it. There are supervised study halls for those who need help. My child learned excellent study skills and time management that helped her to succeed in college.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Quite simply, ethics and character-building are part of the curriculum and a daily on-going part of discussion in every aspect of Hyde life.

My son graduated from Hyde in May after 2 years and we were very satisfied with the level of academic rigor, character development and family engagement. He thrived in the structure, we are all challenged to learn and grow and are better humans as a result of all the support, challenge and learning at Hyde. It takes a special school to focus on attitude as much as aptitude and to really challenge all involved to be their best in mind and spirit. I am eternally grateful to Hyde and know my son was able to find himself and actualize his unique potential as a result. After looking at many boarding schools that only focus on image and ignore the whole child we were so happy to find Hyde.

Last modified Hyde School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12