No rating

St James School

Private | PK-8

Living in Biddeford

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $185,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I would recommend St James School to anyone. I think St James is a five star school. The teachers are great. They know their students and can give them extra help if they need it. It's nice to have small classes also. Mrs. Naimey is a very good principal. The final piece to making St James a five star school is wonderful parent involvement. It's great to have a choice. My son is in 8th grade so I'm posting my review from experience. Call 282-4084 if you would like to schedule a visit.

Posted March 10, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this program! I have sent both of my children here over the past three years and have had a wonderful experience on both occasions. The staff is extremely welcoming and they are all focused on my children s well-being. Three years ago, my husband was relocated to the area. My oldest child previously hated going to preschool. However, after only two weeks at St. James preschool, my child had an entirely different outlook on school. The program recently expanded so I was able to send my second child to preschool for a full day program. I was also very pleased with this and could not recommend a better place for my children. As a whole, the program is extremely accommodating, and chances are if you ask, they will do whatever they can to help you. Not to mention that the prices are also extremely reasonable given all that the program has to offer!

Posted February 6, 2013

I went to school here, and it was very nice actually. Though it was a small school, the teachers were very nice and always patient with whomever it was and whatever the need was. They always put the kids first. I moved away when in second grade, and I guess they don't have a lot of people there anymore. Now I'm in public school and I love it more then ever!

Posted October 17, 2012

Everyone at the school was so nice the first 2 times i met them..but when the first week of preschool started for my daughter, i was called 3 times...first one was the day after school asking if my daughter knew how to eat a sandwich, and "if i were mom i woujld pack her mac n cheese for lunch" "maybe you could tell your daughter to eat like a "good girl" at school" Your daugter is fidgety during story time and rest time" " your daughters attention span is 1-5 mins you should get her checked out" I did an they said there was nothing wrong with my daughter. so i switched preschools. went in a few days ago to collect my daughters things and the preschool teachers were not speaking very nicely to 3 and 4 your olds in my opinion. A school you are paying money for should ask "what can i do for your child so she/he gets the best learning experience " not tell you what you should do and how you should do it. my daughter was at this school for 3 weeks and i pulled her a few weeks ago and found a preschool that lets my daughter be who she wants to be!

Posted March 15, 2011

A gem of a school! To experience St. James, step inside the school where the halls echo with excellence, creativity, love, respect, smiles, and compassion. St. James has extraordinary teachers, administration, and staff devoted to quality education. Our two children have attended for almost a decade and we are extremely grateful to St. James and the supportive parish. Students attend from various communities and religious affiliations. St. James has offered Preschool, full-day Kindergarten, French, Choir, Band, bi-annual Musical Productions, Extended Care, Harvest Festivals, Easter Eggstravaganza, and more traditions. St. James is not just a school -- St. James is a family and a second home for our children. St. James provides weekly newsletters which include school activities and events, study tips, parenting articles, and recommended reading. In writing this I realize educating my children has been the easy part for St. James; perhaps it is us, the parents, who have the most to learn. .

Posted November 3, 2009

St. James in our minds is the complete package, there is such a strong focus on the children, and thats what matters. The teachers go above and beyond what is expected of them, the principal knows the names of each student, and you couldn't begin to count how many hugs are given there on a daily basis. The curriculum is tougher than most but is easily taught based on the smaller amount of students per class. There will always be issues no matter what, but we feel St. James does their best to provide a wonderful teaching staff and a loving enviroment for our children to learn. The school is an extention of our home.

Posted September 28, 2009

The school does fine as long as everything is quiet. When there is an issue, it is blown out of proportion and they do not follow through and do what they say they are going to do.

Posted August 5, 2009

I have two daughters at St. James school and they both love it. I am very impressed with curriculum and am extremely impressed with the dedication of the teachers. My girls are thriving at this school and I know that they will be prepared for any high school. The classes are small and they get the attention that they need. I also love that they get a top-notch quality catholic education.

Posted July 28, 2009

We have been involved with St. James for over 8 years. My oldest daughter graduated from there and I have one graduating this year. The curriculum is tough, but the teachers are great. My oldest daughter is in all honors class at TA. A great school with caring teachers and a fantastic, catholic faith based curriculum. Open door policy with all teachers. Involved parents as well.

Posted April 11, 2009

My son has the most patient teachers that are able to differentiate his curriculum. I am happy with the small class size. He loves Lego club and is excited to be in the school play.

Posted May 20, 2008

My daughter transfered from a public school in 3rd grade and she is doing grate ! Straight A 's ! She had a tought time in math too ! The teachers are great and the enviroment ! YOur kids will love it !

Posted December 10, 2007

My daughter transfered from a public school in 6th grade and it was the best decision we ever made to send her to St James. We have had a great experience and can't say enough good about the principle who just loves her job. It is well worth the money and I feel an experience that she will always look back fondly on.

Posted August 11, 2007

Excellent leadership, caring, smart, dedicated teachers. School provides a supportive, challenging education that instills values, morals, responsibility, compassion and faith. Most grads end up in the top of their High School class, reflecting how well St. James prepared them. Clearly, a top school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Portland

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

25 Graham Street