Bad
Good

Coffin School 2

Posted January 12, 2015
While I feel my student is safe while attending this school, that is the only positive thing I can say about it. In all other areas that matter to a parent, it is lacking, enough so that we are moving our children out, after numerous attempts to improve things. While we know of at least one truly great teacher in this school, we have encountered far more staff (not just teachers!) that is sub par, than not. As far as a rating for parent involvement- there is a substantial parent school group, but as to how it helps families when there is a problem, well, it does not. So while parents are allowed to be involved in the school, they cannot make any choices in their child's school or how it is run, so honestly I don't see the benefit of it.

Posted February 20, 2013
I love this school, they really highlight what your child's needs are and follow through with their strengths and help improve their weaknesses.

Posted June 10, 2011
I love this school. It is such a community and everyone feels very welcome. Our kids are in great hands here. Parent group does A LOT for the entire school.

Posted July 11, 2009
The teachers at this school are great, my son was able to get all the extra help he needed with reading, math and spelling. Everyone one of the teachers were very dedicated to helping him with whatever extra help he needed. He went from hating school to loving it in 1 year. If your child has speacial school needs this is the place to get it.

Coffin School

Posted March 31, 2008
I like the teachers, etc..... but coming from Nebraska, I can' not believe how far behind this school district is!

Posted June 15, 2007
The teachers at the Coffin school are dedicated individuals who take the time to get to know the children and whatever special needs they have. We have a child that attended school there for two years and both teachers knew exactly what she needed as an individual to succeed. I am very impressed with their genuine concern for these kids and with their willingness to go the extra mile. I also have to say that the Coffin School has one of the best music programs I've seen. They should be very proud they have such a wonderful school environment.

Posted April 09, 2005
This is a great school, they have quality programs to help my children in reading, math,and in speech what ever help they need the school was their to help with no delays,and they have a great music program. The level of parent involvement is all so great.

Coffin School