No rating

Aucocisco School

Private | 3-12 | 5 students

Living in Cape Elizabeth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $303,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted April 30, 2014

Outstandingly open to different ways of learning, supportive and respecting with emotions and choices of lifestyle. Never have we found such a understanding group for a child with learning differences. This school was a godsend and we are blissfully thankfully for the opportunity to attend, grow, thrive and gain confidence each and every positive day with this school.

Posted April 29, 2014

Aucocisco School tailors instruction to the needs of students and does so in a nurturing fashion that allows intellectual, social, and emotional growth. Working at Aucocisco is a treat, because of the strong relationships developed between students and teachers, and because of the incredible growth we, as teachers, get to witness in our students.

Posted April 29, 2014

Two of our children were just not able to meet expectations in the public schools. At Aucocisco, the teachers and coaches provide intensive reading, writing and math instruction, geared to each student. The classes are small so each student receives individualized instruciton and these students, all of whom have unique learning needs, are not subject to many of the overwhelming experiences found in larger settings. As my daughter says, "It's okay to be different at Aucocisco because everyone is different!" Aucocisco lives its motto: "Strategies, Skills, Success" every day. We would be lost within this wonderful group of caring adults who every day guide and teach our children.

Posted April 29, 2014

Two of our children were miserable in the public schools. After finding Aucocisco (resting place), both of them have come out of their shells and found confidence and success. The teachers and coaches here take the time to get to know each student (small classes make that possible). As a former public school teacher, I never thought I'd need an alternative; thank goodness Aucocisco is available! We are so lucky to live in close enough proximity to rely on this unique institution. It has truly provided our children with their best hope for succeeding.

Posted April 29, 2014

I have worked at Aucocisco School for one year now and since day 1, I have been impressed with everything this school offers to both students and their families. Aucocisco provides outstanding education to students grades 3-12 who may not be able to learn well in the traditional school setting. Every staff member is dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for each student, which enables them to learn and grow in a school setting. I have seen such amazing growth in so many in the past year. Aucocisco is truly a rewarding place to work!

Posted April 29, 2014

Aucocisco School and Learning Center. My son goes to Aucocisco for 2 high school classes and tutoring support in combination with the regular high school for other subjects. His case is not necessarily the traditional scenario at the school, though it is significant to how each student is given a custom solution there. What I would like to say about the school is that it strives for an ideal of education -- prepare for it, get it and use it , click! -- See how the effort paid off -- for anyone who could use a creative approach to learning. The students span a wide range. I feel like my son has been treated with precision targeting to address his specific challenges and most important he is succeeding. They are very effective, caring and sharp at assessing the needs. I feel very lucky to have their help with my bright, challenging, creative brained children.

Posted April 29, 2014

Our son was struggling with reading and writing in public elementary school. After participating in the summer learning program at Aucocisco School, his dsylexia was identified. We applied to Aucocisco so his real needs could now be addressed. The reading specialists utilizing the Lindamood-Bell program as well as the wonderfully supportive teachers, nurturing learning environment and small classes allowed him to make great strides, acquire tools and strategies, and enjoy school again. Aucocisco was a great fit at the right time for our child and our family.

Posted April 28, 2014

My son's school is Aucocisco, which means resting place in a Native American language. Kids often come here who have been marginalized by other schools. Their hearts and souls are often heavy with despair. Our son was so demoralized by the public school system that he didn't feel like living. The teachers here help them regain their confidence in learning, that they are valued individuals. Our son now says that he wishes he had gone to school here since kindergarten, instead of just 11th grade. He feels like he belongs to a community. He is full of life and eagerness to learn. If we had the money, he would like to be there fulltime. He loves learning and values school again. He and others blossom in this resting place. It is incredible to witness. I work with so many teens who would do well at this school. However, public schools aren't willing to pay to send the kids there, nor are public schools willing to try to emulate this model. So, many children suffer unnecessarily. Thank you for saving my son's soul. So that he feels valued again in this world. a parent

Posted April 28, 2014

My school is a wonderful mix of an accepting environment with academically rigorous curriculum. Our staff is trained to create curriculum that stretches our students' intellect while stressing the use of strategies that allow ALL students to excel. We believe that all students can be sucessful if they have a tool box of strategies to use when working with rigorous curriculum.

Posted April 19, 2014

My child thinks this school is "great", that's extraordinarily high praise coming from a child who, a few years back while in his old public school, dreaded going to school, suffered extremely low self-esteem and felt lost. Aucocisco is unique, and is phenomenal at what they do - teach children the way they learn. It is not a cookie-cutter approach. Instead, the instruction is tailored to each student's learning style to ensure the student will learn, will understand the material, which builds tremendous self-confidence. There are not adequate words to describe how grateful we are to the teachers and the director of the school for their incredible dedication, patience and creativity. In addition, they truly partner with us, the parents, to achieve the best results possible. The staff is open, accessible, and always takes a positive approach if a student encounters a difficulty that requires a creative solution. Their support extends far beyond the classroom, and they have allowed us, and our child, to focus on & celebrate his strengths & abilities, rather than on his difficulties. Aucocisco is a salvation for any child who is struggling.

Posted April 14, 2014

This school has provided excellent academic and emotional support to students as well as their families!

Posted August 7, 2013

Aucocisco is a "resting place", a place where students and their families can feel safe. The school provides a safe learning environment where individual differences are celebrated.

Posted August 2, 2013

Aucocisco is not just a school but it a family, parents, students and staff work together to make the learning experience as positive and successful as possible. The teachers all care about the children as individuals and help them find their strengths.

Posted August 2, 2013

Aucocisco builds students skills, helps them develop strategies, which allows them to not only feel successful, but BE successful! Academically and/or socially!

Posted August 2, 2013

I think this school is a great place for kids with learning disabilites to grow and feel like they can be themselves, without being judged. When I first came to the school I was super nervous, but I came across some really nice friends and teachers. The only thing in my opinion, that needs to change, would be the learning aquiptment. The computers we have now are fine, but they are kinda old. Aucocisco school has really taught me alot, socially and academically. I really don't know where I would be without their guidence. They've taught me the confidence that I need to suceed in the real world, also I can go out in the community, still nervous and timid, but atleast I can go out there. I never used to be able to.

Posted October 6, 2010

this school is a very good school I went to school there for 2 years there and I loved it there now I go to a public High School now. They want you to go back to a public school the teachers are very nice it is a very good school

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

126 Spurwink Avenue