Cape Elizabeth, ME

Posted August 04, 2014
I started attending this school towards the end of my freshman year of high school. Aucocisco has been nothing but helpful, understanding and judgement free when it came to my needs. They offer awesome programs that take you out in the public, allowing you to aquire the most basic needs for being an independent adult. When I graduated from here it was a sad moment for me. I've grown to be very attached to this school. All of the teachers were so awesome! I now feel confident to go off to college, be on my own and conquere any difficulties that life may throw at me. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 30, 2014
Outstandingly open to different ways of learning, supportive and respecting with emotions and choices of lifestyle. Never have we found such a understanding group for a child with learning differences. This school was a godsend and we are blissfully thankfully for the opportunity to attend, grow, thrive and gain confidence each and every positive day with this school.

Posted April 29, 2014
Aucocisco School tailors instruction to the needs of students and does so in a nurturing fashion that allows intellectual, social, and emotional growth. Working at Aucocisco is a treat, because of the strong relationships developed between students and teachers, and because of the incredible growth we, as teachers, get to witness in our students.

Posted April 29, 2014
Two of our children were just not able to meet expectations in the public schools. At Aucocisco, the teachers and coaches provide intensive reading, writing and math instruction, geared to each student. The classes are small so each student receives individualized instruciton and these students, all of whom have unique learning needs, are not subject to many of the overwhelming experiences found in larger settings. As my daughter says, "It's okay to be different at Aucocisco because everyone is different!" Aucocisco lives its motto: "Strategies, Skills, Success" every day. We would be lost within this wonderful group of caring adults who every day guide and teach our children.

Posted April 29, 2014
Two of our children were miserable in the public schools. After finding Aucocisco (resting place), both of them have come out of their shells and found confidence and success. The teachers and coaches here take the time to get to know each student (small classes make that possible). As a former public school teacher, I never thought I'd need an alternative; thank goodness Aucocisco is available! We are so lucky to live in close enough proximity to rely on this unique institution. It has truly provided our children with their best hope for succeeding.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have worked at Aucocisco School for one year now and since day 1, I have been impressed with everything this school offers to both students and their families. Aucocisco provides outstanding education to students grades 3-12 who may not be able to learn well in the traditional school setting. Every staff member is dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for each student, which enables them to learn and grow in a school setting. I have seen such amazing growth in so many in the past year. Aucocisco is truly a rewarding place to work!

Posted April 29, 2014
Aucocisco School and Learning Center. My son goes to Aucocisco for 2 high school classes and tutoring support in combination with the regular high school for other subjects. His case is not necessarily the traditional scenario at the school, though it is significant to how each student is given a custom solution there. What I would like to say about the school is that it strives for an ideal of education -- prepare for it, get it and use it , click! -- See how the effort paid off -- for anyone who could use a creative approach to learning. The students span a wide range. I feel like my son has been treated with precision targeting to address his specific challenges and most important he is succeeding. They are very effective, caring and sharp at assessing the needs. I feel very lucky to have their help with my bright, challenging, creative brained children.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our son was struggling with reading and writing in public elementary school. After participating in the summer learning program at Aucocisco School, his dsylexia was identified. We applied to Aucocisco so his real needs could now be addressed. The reading specialists utilizing the Lindamood-Bell program as well as the wonderfully supportive teachers, nurturing learning environment and small classes allowed him to make great strides, acquire tools and strategies, and enjoy school again. Aucocisco was a great fit at the right time for our child and our family.

Posted April 28, 2014
My son's school is Aucocisco, which means resting place in a Native American language. Kids often come here who have been marginalized by other schools. Their hearts and souls are often heavy with despair. Our son was so demoralized by the public school system that he didn't feel like living. The teachers here help them regain their confidence in learning, that they are valued individuals. Our son now says that he wishes he had gone to school here since kindergarten, instead of just 11th grade. He feels like he belongs to a community. He is full of life and eagerness to learn. If we had the money, he would like to be there fulltime. He loves learning and values school again. He and others blossom in this resting place. It is incredible to witness. I work with so many teens who would do well at this school. However, public schools aren't willing to pay to send the kids there, nor are public schools willing to try to emulate this model. So, many children suffer unnecessarily. Thank you for saving my son's soul. So that he feels valued again in this world. a parent

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is a wonderful mix of an accepting environment with academically rigorous curriculum. Our staff is trained to create curriculum that stretches our students' intellect while stressing the use of strategies that allow ALL students to excel. We believe that all students can be sucessful if they have a tool box of strategies to use when working with rigorous curriculum.

Aucocisco School