No rating

Hilltop Elementary School

Public | K-2

Student diversity

Posted August 22, 2013

My son has P.T.S.D. and I explained this to Mrs. Hanes at the Open House at the beginning of the year. He was grabbed and man handled by 3 teachers and locked in room, because he slapped (Mrs.Hanes) his teacher in the face for grabbing his hand (tightly) ,It scared him, he didn't know her. When i came to get him,they tried to explain it away.So we contacted Advocasy for the disabled and they made them restaff my son and then they put him in room #1. This enraged me.My son witness his parents being assulted =P.T.S.D.When I went to the school I was loud and mad,To be honest was holding back ALOT! My son rapped himself around me and i took him home.I've never been so temped to knock out the dentures of an old woman.

Posted July 9, 2012

I have never encountered a school so clique-oriented. The favoritism is blatant and rampant. I volunteered weekly so I saw 1st hand how the preschool teacher treated certain parents and children better than others merely by the popularity and wealth of certain families. It was downright disgusting. When I called the superintendent at the end of the school year, I found that there is no recourse to this issue. Thank the lord that I quickly took my children and moved far, far away. I pity the poor children of Caribou and the the teacher should be ashamed of herself.

Posted October 11, 2010

Challenging academic programs need new techniques in disipline need new system rules dont demeen children of their snack breaks

Posted September 1, 2008

I think that the administration and staff at Hilltop Elementary School are very friendly, professional and work to give each student a good education! Many events are planned throughout the year to get students excited about learning. It's a great place to learn and make lasting friendships!

Posted November 8, 2007

This school lacks friendliness, respect and leadership!

Posted October 13, 2007

I have had 2 children that have attended Hilltop School in the past. This is the first year that I have no children attending Hilltop and I miss this school very much. The staff was extremely supportive of my children and of myself. I like to volunteer at school and I was always made to feel welcome there. All of the teachers that I have come in contact with at the school were wonderful. I only wish that I had more children so that I could visit the school again!

Posted August 14, 2007

My child attended this school for two years and I must say I was glad when he moved on to Teague Park school. One doesn't feel welcome at Hilltop. The teachers aren't very 'Parent friendly' as far as classroom involvement goes. Hilltop needs a change in leadership!

Posted April 23, 2007

There is parent involvement at this school if parents choose. Teachers have been less than welcoming to some parents. Many teachers lack understanding of children who deviate from the norm in regard to learning and development. There are only a small handful of teachers who I would want my child to have at this school. Many teachers are not friendly and and are negative toward the children and toward parents. Support staff on play ground are not friendly to the children. Both teachers and support staff have been sarcastic with a demeaning tone toward the children/parents. My children did not enjoy going to school here and were relieved when they transferred to Teague Park. The school lacks leadership as well.

Posted April 2, 2007

This school is not suited to children with disabilities.One good thing about this school is the French program. They start in 1st grade and the teacher at Hilltop handles the children well.

Posted September 30, 2006

My youngest child is currently enrolled in Hilltop School. I am sorry to say it was a relief that she was entering her last year at this school. I have two other childre that have attended this school and it has gotten proggresively worse over the years. The school has a very closed off feeling for parents. I strongly urge any parent thinking about putting their child into this school to thing again. We have pulled our child.

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

19 Marshall Ave