Posted April 14, 2013
Education doesn't get any better than at Stepping Stones! Instructors are highly qualified and sensitize to the needs of each child. The program, individually and meticulously structured for each student, is dutifully underscored by mutual peer respect, healthy boundaries, and a well enforced no bullying policy. In today's education system, students are faced with two challenges...social and scholastic. This Montesorri School epitomizes the very best of relationship and structure. As a Mental Health Clinician, having dealt with many young people in my twenty-year tenure, I offer Stepping Stones the highest of recommendations! Dr. Paul Gervais

Posted April 13, 2013
My niece and nephew have attended Stepping Stones for about 5 years now, and it has been great for them! The teachers are very considerate and kind as well! Definitely a school that's worth your child's time!

Posted April 13, 2013
I have been sending my stepchildren to Stepping Stones Montessori school for several years now. I have therefore been able to see the impact that the education and the knowledgeable staff have been able to have on their lives. It isn't just a school; it's a small community of great teachers, parents, and children who work together to benefit the children and help form the minds of amazing young human beings. The children are taught to respect themselves and others as well...something I see missing in public schools. My wife and I value this education so much for our children. Our kids LOVE this school and usually don't want to leave when we pick them up! Great school.

Posted April 13, 2013
My grandchildren attend Stepping Stones School. We, as grandparents, have often been involved in their schooling, whether going to special events, or simply driving the kids to school. I have been able to see how kind and compassionate the staff has been with my grandchildren. These people are passionate about teaching and passionate about kids! The offer so much extra that you can't just get at any school. Highly recommend!

Posted April 12, 2013
I have been sending my two children to this wonderful school for 5 years now. The directors of the school work directly with my children and my children are in a place where they know they are cared for and belong. The great education here has benefited many Montessori children and put them ahead scholastically when they graduated and moved on to high school. I look forward to this for my children. The directors will work directly with you and your child if any need or issue arises or with any difficulties your child may ever run into. The teachers will teach your child in the way that your child learns best and will also see any challenges that your child may have, in which case the teachers will find fun and creative ways to help your child learn in that area. With the smaller school setting and the amazing staff, I feel like my children are properly cared for and looked after. The extra programs that this school offers really broadens the horizons and imaginations of my children. I also notice that the school's moral integrity and the values taught are amazing and something that is often missing in many schools. Highly recommend this school!

Posted April 12, 2013
My grandchildren have attended Stepping Stones Montessori School in Chelsea, Maine since day one of their schooling..They have excelled and are learning to reach their full potential under the direction of the teaching staff. I encourage those that are in the midst of trying to decide whether this school is a good fit for your children to contact the staff there and set up a meet and greet time to be able to observe and see first hand what this school and its trained staff has to offer. After years of my grandchildren attending, we can attest to the benefits of this school and feel that with the condition of the public schools now a days that this school is a breath of fresh air.

Posted April 10, 2013
The review of February 2013 is very misleading since conflict resolution is practiced every day, with my own children included. Yes, sometimes children have time out to cool down during recess . However, that is only one intervention of many. All the teachers are either state certified or approved through preschool licensing. The teachers love to teach and my children have a great depth of knowledge from attending this school. One of my children has become a high honors student. The curriculum is top-notch and well integrated from Pre K to Grade 8. The teachers are truly caring.

Stepping Stones Montessori School 2

Posted February 18, 2013
The PreK program is good. Ms Nasreen is wonderful.. They are not a true Montessori school. They lack certified teachers. Not all staff have the skills to be teaching nor working with children. They do not practice conflict resolution and put kids against a wall if they misbehave. They do not have any one in charge and are very disorganized

Posted April 15, 2011
This is a truly AMAZING school! I would highly recommend it. My children both LOVED it. They have now been in public school for thre years and every day when we drive by the still say they miss going there and miss the teachers. Miss Jenn and Miss Nazerize were so wonderful with the kids. Very clean school, great activities, fun, positive, upbeat. I could not beleive the things my kids were coming home learing at 4 years old!! You will lovethis school!!!!!

Posted May 30, 2010
I have a child that didn't fit in at the regular school, he didn't have many friends and was labled with behavior issues. It is so nice to have him finish his first year with sucess. The staff at the school are wonderful embracing each student for who they are and where they are acidemically my child no longer feels stress at school and is able to learn and have freinds. can't say enough about this school

Stepping Stones Montessori School
195 Hallowell Road, Chelsea, ME  04330
Last modified Stepping Stones Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Stepping Stones Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top